View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 28 of 138 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    @Bahz

questions (probably FAQ):

1) can I send in the G751JY without HD at all? I upgraded it with two SSD 1TB 512MB/s but I don't want to risk and send them outside...
    2) the G-Sync upgrade will be local (I live in Italy) or we'll have to send it outside our respective countries?
    3) I've bought new 2x8GB DDR3L at 2133MHz (not mounted yet, stock RAM are still inside: 16GB at 1600. I've just opened the service bay, never disassembled the laptop so Warranty is safe)... Can I ask the repair service to replace my original ones (and send them back to me) with the G-Sync upgrade since they have to take it apart and change the mobo anyway?

4) will they magically replace also the default poor SATA2 second port with a SATA3 on the new mobo?

4) will they magically replace also the default poor SATA2 second port with a SATA3 on the new mobo? [/QUOTE]

Excellent point Hexaae!! Actually the only reason I'd even consider to send in my laptop is if the new motherboard comes with second drive configured as SATA3.

Sati

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Bahz, there's something bothersome that I saw in your post.

You're saying that if some people's laptops are out of warranty, they can't pay to have this update done?

This wasn't mentioned earlier. Is it assumed that all G751s are still in their warranty period?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

/OT

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    The SATA 2 port in your drivebay is what it is. Thats that way it was made in all the G751 models. They are not going to do a redesign of the entire mothoerboard and sata controller and make a special motherboard just for you.
    I was ironic... I know the request was just a dream ;^)
    What a shame that SATA2 port (they saved 5$ per unit?)...

Quote Originally Posted by sati747 View Post
    4) will they magically replace also the default poor SATA2 second port with a SATA3 on the new mobo?
    Excellent point Hexaae!! Actually the only reason I'd even consider to send in my laptop is if the new motherboard comes with second drive configured as SATA3.
    Eh eh we all would be more than happy to have G-Sync + SATA3 (2nd port) upgrade for 100$

OT/
    Last edited by hexaae; 02-15-2016 at 03:23 PM.

New ROGer Array

Bahz, I live in thailand. I sent email to support via link in first post but no anyone reply my email.
    My question. In my country is possible to upgrade this? My Laptop is G751jt CPU 4720HQ with GTX970m.
    Who can i contact for this upgrade? please....

P.S Sorry for my english.
    Thanks,

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi guys (girls?), I've got a 60Hz panel in my G751JY. As far as I know, laptops with factory G-Sync usually come with a 75Hz panel. Will I have any
    issues/drawbacks with G-Sync for not having a 75Hz panel? Having a 60Hz panel means my max FPS will be limited to 60 with G-Sync just like it is
    now with V-Sync. I heard it's possible to overclock refresh rate to 75Hz but I'm not sure if it'd worth it... Any thoughts on this?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wardaddy View Post
    Hi guys (girls?), I've got a 60Hz panel in my G751JY. As far as I know, laptops with factory G-Sync usually come with a 75Hz panel. Will I have any
    issues/drawbacks with G-Sync for not having a 75Hz panel? Having a 60Hz panel means my max FPS will be limited to 60 with G-Sync just like it is
    now with V-Sync. I heard it's possible to overclock refresh rate to 75Hz but I'm not sure if it'd worth it... Any thoughts on this?
    Hi,

You can use your panel @100Hz if you want to. You just need to allow a unique refresh rate in the nvidia control panel.
    Last edited by Matthew_88; 02-15-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: grammar

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_88 View Post
    Hi,

You can use your panel @100Hz if you want to. You just need to allow a unique refresh rate in the nvidia control panel.
    Hey Matt, thanks for the reply! Won't it damage my panel on the long run?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

More than the change from sata 2-->sata 3 on my secondary HDD, wich doesn't change anything for me.....
    ....... I sure hope that the new mobo comes with the M.2 Pcie connector for SSD's. Mine was shipped without one (I belive some recived it even if they didn't buy the G751 with the original PCIe SSD, while others like me didn't).

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Yup, I got a M.2 connector with the motherboard I received during a warranty service.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Edweird View Post
    Bahz, there's something bothersome that I saw in your post.

You're saying that if some people's laptops are out of warranty, they can't pay to have this update done?

This wasn't mentioned earlier. Is it assumed that all G751s are still in their warranty period?
    My G751JY notebook 1yr. warranty expired 01/19/16. I didn't see any mention of ASUS G751JY notebooks
    w/ expired warranties not qualifying for this G-Sync retrofit hardware, software, firmware $99 US upgrade
    plus additional shipping cost to/from ASUS Service from Bahz. He mentioned sending notebook back in w/
    all original hardware but that's all.
    It means I'll have to remove the additional 8GB SKhynx DDR3L 1600 SODIMM I installed, as well as swap the
    512GB OEM Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD w/ original 256GB OEM Samsung XP941 M.2 SSD, as well as remove
    the 1TB Samsung 850Pro SSD in drive bay 2 and the SATA3 6" extension cable feeding it from SATA3 port 1
    and reinstall the 1TB SATA3 7200 rpm HGST HDD into drive bay 2 before sending in notebook for retrofit.
    It will also mean having to reinstall everything including the retail Windows 10 Home 64-bit USB Flash OS
    onto the 512GB OEM Samsung SM951 PCIe Gen3 (AHCI) M.2 SSD when G751JY G-Sync retrofit notebook
    is returned w/ new motherboard, etc..
    I hope this G751JY/JT notebook retrofit G-Sync upgrade applies to out of original 1 yr. warranty notebooks as
    well b/c that would really suck if it doesn't.
    Last edited by Jon G; 02-15-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Page 28 of 138 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast