View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

    76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

    109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

    15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

    31 13.42%
Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1371
  1. #1361
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    ok...let me shortn? you bought a gsyncmonitor and u will have gsync with it? gsync on laptop is not nessecary when you have gsync on monitor.
    is this the story of ur wish?

  2. #1362
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
    Hello - I'm sure this is a long shot, but I'd feel even worse if I didn't give it a try.

    I bought my G751 laptop in December 2015 in Germany oblivious to anything relating to a newer 'G-sync' enabled version of the laptop or otherwise. I admit that I wasn't fully aware of what G-sync required, other than the fact that I noted the m980 apparently having the feature supported. Fast forward to now where I recently picked up a new monitor (an ASUS PG248Q) partially based on the fact that it supported g-sync.

    I'm sure by now you can guess where this is going. I initially was somewhat puzzled as to what exactly was needed to get g-sync moving, but eventually I came to the realization that apparently what I thought was a perfectly g-sync capable machine, seems to not be capable at all. I'm honestly puzzled to why a model without support for it exists - I thought the m980 model launched with this feature, but perhaps I'm wrong?

    I've followed this thread to the end and found that the exchange option has expired - at least for U.S. Customers... Is it any different for international customers? I now reside in Australia and would be quite interested in hearing if an upgrade is available?

    Regards,
    Gazoo
    Sorry Gazoo, unfortunately this offer has long expired and is no longer available.

  3. #1363
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    So if I understand, some G751JY are not compatible with even a G-Sync external monitor ?
    Or it's only for the internal monitor?

  4. #1364
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    The G-SYNC module should be required for both monitor and laptop to work as confirmed by a few in this thread.

  5. #1365
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    Thank you Bahz

    In fact, I have just tested it with a friend's monitor (Asus PG278Q) and it works
    The option in Nvidia control pannel magically appeared.
    So in my case (g751jy bought on 03/2015), g-sync works with an external monitor but not with the "internal" one.

  6. #1366
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    its not magic,its just a gsync monitor...lol

  7. #1367
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by krys View Post
    Thank you Bahz

    In fact, I have just tested it with a friend's monitor (Asus PG278Q) and it works
    The option in Nvidia control pannel magically appeared.
    So in my case (g751jy bought on 03/2015), g-sync works with an external monitor but not with the "internal" one.
    Thanks for confirming this because 2 other users confirmed it didn't work properly on external monitor at that time. It must be new driver update that now allows G-SYNC monitors with the module to work perfectly with a G-SYNC capable graphics card that doesn't necessary have the module on the notebook.

  8. #1368
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for confirming this because 2 other users confirmed it didn't work properly on external monitor at that time. It must be new driver update that now allows G-SYNC monitors with the module to work perfectly with a G-SYNC capable graphics card that doesn't necessary have the module on the notebook.
    pls help me to understand what you discuss?
    i think its the question if a g751 without gsync, work with gsync extern monitor , with the effect to have gsync!?
    is that right?
    where is the magic?
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...stions.788344/
    Last edited by warryabel; 07-03-2017 at 06:52 AM.

  9. #1369
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by warryabel View Post
    pls help me to understand what you discuss?
    i think its the question if a g751 without gsync, work with gsync extern monitor , with the effect to have gsync!?
    is that right?
    where is the magic?
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...stions.788344/
    There is no magic, you made your point that it's working as it was intended. Earlier in this thread, I'm not flipping back a ton of pages to find it but another user with G751 tried to get G-SYNC working on external monitor with G-SYNC but it didn't work.

  10. #1370
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    aha ,first u say a few user,later u say 2 other user and now its only one?
    thats asus...

Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •