View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1371
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by yahya32 View Post
    They won't do anything about the high temps, even though the engineers confirmed i have extremely high temps and it needs fixing, ASUS told them not to do anything about it so they just returned it. still haven't heard anything back from bahz or the team. Wonder how JON G is getting on?

YM
    I already followed up with them on this but there wasn't any update from their side. I'll check with the service manager but if the motherboard needs to be replaced then it could be a reason because currently the parts are out of stock. I apologize that they didn't properly communnicate the reason to you, I'll make sure they have someone contact you to have this explained to you. You can rest assured that if there's a problem with the temperatures that it will be fixed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

already got my asus g751 with enabled gsync , reinstalled fresh windows 10 and it is amazing .
    thanks alot

ROG Member Array CLass PC Specs
    CLass PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G752VS
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Ranger VIII
    ProcessorIntel I7 6700K @ 4.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 OC
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q WQHD 144Hz G-Sync 3DVision2
    Storage #1Samsung 840 PRO
    Storage #2Raid0 Velociraptors 600GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110
    CaseFractal R4
    Power SupplyEnermax Platimax 750W
    Keyboard Gigabyte Aivia Ghost
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    OS W10 x64

Hey People,

another short report from me: As you know I gotta lucky Upgrade from JT to JY Model with 4860HQ CPU, thats that.

Sadly i also joined the High-Temps Club with 97C Max. while playing The Division.
    Soo since I didnt want to send it back again (and may get a GTX970m DOWNgrade again and still unfixed etc etc..), i decided to tear it down completely (again, already inserted Dual-Channeled DDR3) and repaste the whole CPU/GPU Combo.
    Here's an example of what it looks like ( the dirty way on a couch ) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160422_005.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	445.6 KB 
ID:	57164

Good thing: IT WORKED! I used the best available Paste to me called "Phobya HeGrease Standard" and now im sitting at 85C MAX (Prime95/Division/3DMark).
    Not Overwhelming results, but at least I and of course the Laptop can live with it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I already followed up with them on this but there wasn't any update from their side. I'll check with the service manager but if the motherboard needs to be replaced then it could be a reason because currently the parts are out of stock. I apologize that they didn't properly communnicate the reason to you, I'll make sure they have someone contact you to have this explained to you. You can rest assured that if there's a problem with the temperatures that it will be fixed.
    Thanks Bahz.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Did you contact customer service of this issue? I believe you're the first person so far that actually had the G-SYNC upgrade completed and G-SYNC not working afterwards. Have you tried cleaning all your graphics drivers and also checking settings in BIOS?
    1. No I haven't contacted customer services yet. I'm going to backup the recovery on a new USB drive and try updates tonight. If no change then I will make another ticket.

2. The service center sends out a statement (which I expect is just policy) about windows 10, the wording implies that ALL of these issues are a result of upgrading to windows 10 or even using windows update.
    You can see it here http://i.imgur.com/Bp7wOdn.jpg , so this should work without any modifications out of the box.

3. Factory image, no other drivers installed and windows update stopped for my testing yesterday.
    I wasn't aware of any BIOS settings but I will look tonight, any hints on what to look for? Is there literally a G-SYNC enabled option?.

4. If I can't see G-SYNC, how could they possibly have tested that G-SYNC was functional? The machine was returned because it was unusable after having a G-SYNC upgrade performed in the first place. It's a really important factor of the work to be carried out.
    I'm wondering how much info they receive because the RMA application only allows 150 characters to explain what's wrong, surely they would check the history though and see it was in here 3 weeks ago...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by DomGolby View Post
    1. No I haven't contacted customer services yet. I'm going to backup the recovery on a new USB drive and try updates tonight. If no change then I will make another ticket.

2. The service center sends out a statement (which I expect is just policy) about windows 10, the wording implies that ALL of these issues are a result of upgrading to windows 10 or even using windows update.
    You can see it here http://i.imgur.com/Bp7wOdn.jpg , so this should work without any modifications out of the box.

3. Factory image, no other drivers installed and windows update stopped for my testing yesterday.
    I wasn't aware of any BIOS settings but I will look tonight, any hints on what to look for? Is there literally a G-SYNC enabled option?.

4. If I can't see G-SYNC, how could they possibly have tested that G-SYNC was functional? The machine was returned because it was unusable after having a G-SYNC upgrade performed in the first place. It's a really important factor of the work to be carried out.
    I'm wondering how much info they receive because the RMA application only allows 150 characters to explain what's wrong, surely they would check the history though and see it was in here 3 weeks ago...
    Please enter BIOS. F2 pressed during start up of laptop.

Go to " SAVE &EXIT" Bios page

Select " Restore Defaults" and press " Enter" so see options available.

Select " Load Optimized Defaults"

Press " Save and Exit", F10

Now see if G-Sync shows Enable.

ROG Member Array

For any South Africans reading this (anyone who know of any South Africans may want to pass this on) I just received a call from the local service partner to arrange for the G-SYNC upgrade.

It is done in South Africa (Spares are shipped in) and will be done at the $99 price point communicated earlier in this post. (Ouch poor Rand)

Thanks Bahz for all you hard work and I'll let you guys know how it goes!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

Quote Originally Posted by CLass View Post
    i decided to tear it down completely (again, already inserted Dual-Channeled DDR3) and repaste the whole CPU/GPU Combo.

Good thing: IT WORKED! I used the best available Paste to me called "Phobya HeGrease Standard" and now im sitting at 85C MAX (Prime95/Division/3DMark).
    Not Overwhelming results, but at least I and of course the Laptop can live with it.
    No surprise. It's well known ALL high temp issues are due to bad pasting in ASUS laptops. ALL users who did repasting by themselves got -10/-15°C both on CPU and GPU. ASUS factory pasting is known to be really bad. That's why I asked many times in this thread to make repaste regular procedure included with this G-Sync thing... since we also paid 122€, but nothing happened and no official communication was given to the labs AFAICU. Better to have unsatisfied customers spreading their bad experience around with ASUS and additional RMAs probably, than a reasonable preventive approach
    Last edited by hexaae; 04-28-2016 at 03:07 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hi Bahz and ROGers , i still wasn't contacted by anyone else except you Bahz.
    No one from ASUS Poland thinks i deserve some kind apology or anything regarding
    their lack of knowledge of their own products. Not to mention that i paid in front for that service.
    Its been almost 3 weeks now since im stuck with G751jt instead my G751jy.
    I know sometimes things can go sideways. I work myself as Field Service , and i can tell if something like that would happen to one of my users i would
    do everything to keep them informed and provide fix ASAP. Also i cant even imagine what would my escalation manager said.

Simple email with time frame or any sign of customer support would be nice in situation like mine.
    Even if they short on parts now , i should be informed.
    I'm not blaming you Bahz , you do your part and i really appreciate all your help.
    But whoever is in charge in ASUS Poland should have nice talk with someone from ASUS HQ.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    Please enter BIOS. F2 pressed during start up of laptop.

Go to " SAVE &EXIT" Bios page

Select " Restore Defaults" and press " Enter" so see options available.

Select " Load Optimized Defaults"

Press " Save and Exit", F10

Now see if G-Sync shows Enable.
    Thanks for the instructions but it still shows generic laptop display 60hz, I have done all updates for windows 8.1 and latest nvidia driver and it didn't change anything so I'm making another ticket now.

Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast