View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 91 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

@styson;
    Bahz already informed us that a memo has been sent out to all ASUS Service Centers
    & 3rd party ASUS Partner Repair Facilities involved w/ the G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrades that the
    customer must first be informed of any potential CPU downgrade (such as swapping their current G751JY
    to a G751JY G-SYNC mainboard w/ the Intel Core i7-4750HQ CPU) & give their consent, accepting the change
    to receive G-SYNC upgrade before the hardware can be switched out to a lessor/different CPU.
    So you can probably hold off on the Consumer Protection stuff. ASUS knows the Laws in every Country their products
    are sold in.
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-15-2016 at 09:02 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    @styson;
    Bahz already informed us that a memo has been sent out to all ASUS Service Centers
    & 3rd party ASUS Partner Repair Facilities involved w/ the G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrades that the
    customer must first be informed of any potential CPU downgrade (such as swapping their current G751JY
    to a G751JY G-SYNC mainboard w/ the Intel Core i7-4750HQ CPU) & give their consent, accepting the change
    to receive G-SYNC upgrade before the hardware can be switched out to a lessor/different CPU.
    So you can probably hold off on the Consumer Protection stuff. ASUS knows the Laws in every Country their products
    are sold in.
    Doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared for mishaps.

ROG Member Array

I got my laptop back with the G-SYNC upgrade done, same processor.
    Machine is just unusable and it doesn't even seem to be related to temperature. Tried various drivers, windows restore, clean windows 10 install .
    My speaker even rattles at 50% volume which I had RMA in the past and the wireless was playing up again for the short time I could use the machine for before it inevitably locked up again.

Here are a couple of pics.

https://goo.gl/photos/gRzN7gkpiT3QE6qa8
    https://goo.gl/photos/3DvVvR8w6yazuyDy8

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by DomGolby View Post
    Machine is just unusable and it doesn't even seem to be related to temperature. Tried various drivers, windows restore, clean windows 10 install .
    My speaker even rattles at 50% volume which I had RMA in the past and the wireless was playing up again for the short time I could use the machine for before it inevitably locked up again.

Jesus christ.

RMA of course.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by styson View Post
    Doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared for mishaps.
    Agreed!
    I think the G751JY I sent in for this G-SYNC upgrade 26 days ago, canceled by ASUS US
    (Postponed until further notice) either got misplaced, or something. Appears ASUS US
    will be eventually shipping me back an exact replacement unit despite not doing the G-SYNC upgrade.
    Hopefully it won't be all beat up & scratched. So far this has not gone well for me, & I'm
    not even receiving the G-SYNC upgrade I sent it in for.
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-15-2016 at 04:30 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by DomGolby View Post

Where was the upgrade done?

I start to think I will skip this G-Sync upgrade.
    If I do this upgrade, I think it will be better to do the CPU "downgrade" . The problems start when components are replace on original motherboard. Having done component level repairs myself on electronic boards things can go wrong.
    ASUS should just swap out MB. No repair work to the MB.
    Last edited by Cheetah; 04-15-2016 at 04:28 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    Agreed!
    I think the G751JY I sent in for this G-SYNC upgrade 26 days ago, canceled by ASUS US
    (Postponed until further notice) either got misplaced, or something. Appears ASUS US
    will be eventually shipping me back an exact replacement unit despite not doing the G-SYNC upgrade.
    Hopefully it won't be all beat up & scratched. So far this has not gone well for me, & I'm
    not even receiving the G-SYNC upgrade I sent it in for.
    Those are my fears right now. I sent my laptop off the same day I received the RMA form and instructions to send it back. Hours later I get the automated email from ASUS saying they are out of parts. After sifting through the forums here it was apparent ASUS was well aware of this issue before giving me the RMA/Instructions.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    Where was the upgrade done?

I start to think I will skip this G-Sync upgrade.
    If I do this upgrade, I think it will be better to do the CPU "downgrade" . The problems start when components are replace on original motherboard. Having done component level repairs myself on electronic boards things can go wrong.
    ASUS should just swap out MB. No repair work to the MB.
    do you really think they replace something? only change mb...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I wish ASUS give us some detailed info about what they are doing to our laptops

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have a G751JT. I initially said that I will do the upgrade only if the 2nd drive bay is upgraded to SATA3 (since they are swapping the motherboard). But after hearing all these horrendous stories/incidents on this forum, now I am just totally convinced that I am hold on to my G751JT tight. Thanks, but no thanks ASUS.

Page 91 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast