View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 95 of 138 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

warryabel False , but in the conspiracy theory , whom ever receives my motherboard will find some ETCHED info on the board , very easy to see Hi lighted in Red , therefore I expect a phone call or email , if they should ever open their G751 laptop with my Motherboard , I no longer own the G751 without G-Sync but I'm helping the person I donated it to , so she can have G-Sync since Asus could not transfer ownership of my G751 without G-Sync to another. Agree though the G-Sync upgrade was not thought out very well by Asus and are very unprepared
    Last edited by toronto699; 04-18-2016 at 07:36 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
    I just start to think that this program works like this:
    1. Wait for several customers for their laptops to be delivered to local service center.
    2. Upgrade the MB BIOS to include GSYNC.
    3. Swap the MBs beetween the customers.
    4. No one would notice... except those who get downgraded... or upgraded. (confirmed by several persons)
    5. Some shall receive the same MB (confirmed by at least two persons)
    6. No one received i7-4750HQ yet...

So:
    That is the reason they are requesting to send oryginal setups.
    That is the reason customers can't cancell the upgrade... as service do not have anything to return as your piece is at other customer laptop now
    That is the reason it takes so long.

What do you think? Another conspiracy theory? True or false?
    Wow...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Let ASUS sort out this "problem".
    They need time to get CPU's, MB.....
    The stuff don't just fall from the sky!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyEGO View Post
    hello old man,

you finally returned with your feet on the surface of the planet Earth, welcome home, kind sir!
    i am glad that after 29 days of Asus spanking you in your face with their tool, you got my idea eventually: it doesnt matter how much you spent on your laptop, nor which brand it is, but considering you bought a top of the line product, the brand is responsible to treat you as a loyal customer / GOD.
    i am indeed sorry for your misadventure, bet it was frustrating af not having your laptop all this time, but hey, i called it right from the beginning. it is not professional to launch an upgrade program on extra money, and being able to deliver at your end what you previously engaged into.
    i hope you now understand my anger from that time when i called them what they are, a cocky brand treating their top clients like crap, and i am going to be honest: at first, i was kinda let down and maybe i would have given them a chance, but now, following the thread and finding out how many BS they did along, i am for sure gonna stick with my non GSYNC laptop as it is.

Again, Jon, i wish you get your laptop back and since all this fuss i bet they will compensate in a way or another, especially since you are a GURU on the forum, and i read about that guy who got his JY out of JT, because they messed it up big time. but the question remains, what about the rest of us, the peasants?
    how are we going to be hooked? i mean, they couldnt care less if 100 people wont buy a ROG next time because of their ****ty Services, but still.. it s money we cant get back. and at this point i will tell everybody else not to buy a ROG. i actually have a friend who wants to buy one g752 from a local store, 3000E give or take, converted from RON.

all the best!
    BloodyEG0,
    This was not my first bad experience w/ ASUS. My G73JH notebooks' Power Adapter died in the first 5 weeks
    back in 2010. However, w/ that in warranty G73JH RMA repair took only 7 days total and it was back in my
    possession. The new G73JH was sold w/ an after market non ASUS Power Adapter which their RMA Service
    quickly corrected.
    After that, the G73JH was a great notebook until its' retirement 3 years ago.
    The G751JY DH71 I never had an issue with after first 3 weeks from initial purchase. Once I finally received a
    4th exchange unit from Amazon.com LLC and it was finally the one I kept that works flawlessly. That was
    a horrible first 3 weeks of receiving 4 brand new, 3 faulty G751JY DH71s' returned for exchange though.
    I upgraded the 4th G751JYs' (I kept) 1TB HGST 7K1000 HDD immediately w/ 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD before
    ever powering it up. 6 months later I put the new 1TB HGST 7K1000 HDD into an external SATA3 HDD to USB 3.0
    Adapter to use for external storage only to find that even the 4th G751JY DH71 notebook I received & kept
    came w/ a bad 1TB HGST 7K1000 HDD. ASUS Customer Service only had me RMA ship them the bad 1TB HGST
    7K1000 HDD (not the entire fully functioning G751JY DH71 unit) and quickly replaced it.
    The new G752VY DH78K I'm returning based on principle over this horrible, ASUS US Service Center canceled
    G-SYNC upgrade experience I'm still going through, waiting for a replacement unit is the best of all 3 ROG
    notebooks and has no issues. If ASUS US Customer Service doesn't get their sh** together soon their
    going to lose at least one loyal customer over this horrendous, inexcusable G751JY G-SYNC upgrade experience.
    Don't forget, as it stands now, after all this time waiting for a replacement G751JY DH71 I won't even be
    receiving the G-SYNC upgrade I initially sent it in for. This is utter B.S. period. To ASUS, nice try on the
    whole G751JY/JT G-SYNC upgrade offer but so far in the US it has been a complete, utter waste of my time,
    my money (spending $135 US to over night ship notebook to ASUS US Service Center, Milpitas, CA)
    and when I finally get back a G751JY DH71 replacement unit, probably after 6-8 weeks, it won't even
    have G-SYNC? Despite this, I haven't once called ASUS US Notebook phone support freaking out but
    my patience has its' limits. I'm definitely going to report this entire experience to ASUS Taiwan (ROC)
    upper level Management Customer Relations Dept.. I'm sure they will not be pleased to be notified
    of this blatant disregard, & mistreatment from ASUS US Customer Support to a loyal ASUS US Customer.
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-19-2016 at 03:39 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The engineers at the repair centre confirmed to me that the temperatures are very high and they agreed something needs doing, but they have to wait for ASUS to get back to them on what action needs to be taken, this was 4 days ago, today the engineers said ASUS do not want us to do anything and to return the laptop regardless of the 98Deg recorded, I was then asked to complain to ASUS if i wanted, which i did, the lady at asus said the temperatures are very high and the laptop needs to be fixed and that i should return it to them, I told her the laptop is still at the repair centre waiting to be shipped back to me, she said she will escalate and investigate, I now want to know who is responsible at ASUS for saying the temperatures are within range when their own engineers disagreed with it. Where is Bahz, I thought he was responsible for most of this program on this forum, not one action from him has helped resolve any of this, what gives. anyway i have contacted Trading standards earlier today, i also contacted martin Lewis on Moneysaving expert for legal advice, and i am reporting it to watchdog. everyone should know how crooked these lot are, they have ruined my laptop.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

@yahya32,
    Wow that is pitiful of them not to re-paste both CPU & GPU while its' at the Repair Service Center?
    I think you and I should receive brand new G752VY DH78Ks' from ASUS free as compensation considering
    what we're both going through (You, having your G751JY ruined once upgraded to G-SYNC and myself
    having ASUS US Service Center misplace/lose the G751JY I sent in for G-SYNC upgrade that they decided
    after having it 21 days, can't do at this time, & 30 days later still no replacement unit w/o G-SYNC lol)!
    In both of our G751JY G-SYNC upgrade cases, what's going on is so pitiful we'd both be laughing if it
    didn't hurt so much from crying!
    Last edited by Jon G; 04-19-2016 at 09:31 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

They need to re-paste the CPU and GPU!
    Crap man...its an easy job for them.
    It's NOT rocket science!!!!
    Why they not just do it .......
    Last edited by Cheetah; 04-18-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by yahya32 View Post
    The engineers at the repair centre confirmed to me that the temperatures are very high and they agreed something needs doing, but they have to wait for ASUS to get back to them on what action needs to be taken, this was 4 days ago, today the engineers said ASUS do not want us to do anything and to return the laptop regardless of the 98Deg recorded, I was then asked to complain to ASUS if i wanted, which i did, the lady at asus said the temperatures are very high and the laptop needs to be fixed and that i should return it to them, I told her the laptop is still at the repair centre waiting to be shipped back to me, she said she will escalate and investigate, I now want to know who is responsible at ASUS for saying the temperatures are within range when their own engineers disagreed with it. Where is Bahz, I thought he was responsible for most of this program on this forum, not one action from him has helped resolve any of this, what gives. anyway i have contacted Trading standards earlier today, i also contacted martin Lewis on Moneysaving expert for legal advice, and i am reporting it to watchdog. everyone should know how crooked these lot are, they have ruined my laptop.
    I'm already following up on this, I need to find out the details on the reasons why they sent back the laptop to you and if they actually did a re-paste for the CPU and GPU. It could be miscommunication where they didn't explain the situation correctly. If there's no parts in stock and if they did the re-paste and the temperature issue still exist then the only thing is to replace the entire board. I'll update you through PM once I receive any updates from them.

Ex-employee Array

I do apologize that I haven't been reacting quickly enough to all your questions or issues as the forum isn't my only role but I try my best to follow up on all the issue as quickly as possible. I understand the fustration that some of you are going through as of course I'm a customer of other brands as well and I've been in similar situations.
    Last edited by Bahz; 04-19-2016 at 02:24 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    At this point, I'll be glad to get my G751JY DH71 returned after 28 days w/ ASUS US RMA Service w/o
    G-SYNC upgrade. I'd rather have no G-SYNC than pay $99 US for an upgrade that downgrades the CPU.
    The Intel Core i7-4750HQ w/ the -.5GHz Base Clock, -.3GHz Turbo Clock speeds vs. (my G751JYs' i7-4710HQ)
    release date was Q3/13. It's the oldest, slowest, G751JY compatible Intel Core i7
    available at this time. I'm more than happy to wait until the much better Intel Core i7 CPUs'
    (i7-4710HQ release date Q2/14, i7-4720HQ release date Q1/15, i7-4860HQ release date Q1/14,
    i7-4870HQ release date Q3/14) become available. Even if it means skipping this G-SYNC upgrade
    entirely if ASUS can't obtain these newer, better, faster clocked, 4th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs' from
    their Suppliers.
    I just want my G751JY returned. Why can't ASUS US RMA Service return the
    G751JY DH71 I shipped them 29 days ago? Why must I now wait 6-8 weeks for ASUS to
    first find, then process (to my canceled by ASUS G-SYNC upgrade RMA) a same model,
    G751JY DH71 w/o G-SYNC replacement unit before they can even ship it back to me?
    Where's the G751JY DH71 I sent in for this canceled G751JY G-SYNC upgrade?
    This entire process has been a complete disaster to date for me so far!
    I love these ASUS G Series notebooks' but after this terrible experience I'm
    returning the new G752VY DH78K (that's awesome) I just purchased for
    full refund of $3499 US based on principle from my awe-full, ASUS US RMA G751JY non G-SYNC upgrade,
    waste of time, horrible experience.
    We'll have someone contact you as soon as possible.

Page 95 of 138 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast