View Poll Results: Are you interested in the G-SYNC upgrade program?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in the Americas

76 32.90%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in EMEA

109 47.19%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in APAC

15 6.49%
  • Yes I’m interested and I live in another region (reply to post with your country)

31 13.42%
Page 99 of 138 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Halil View Post
    Mr. Bahz,
    i dont want to rush you but this upgrade program ends in 1 May.
    Halil, Asus has extended the deadline of this program to July 31st, 2016.

ROG Member Array

I received the invoice for my laptop and it was 410 bucks........ Called ASUS thinking the unit must have been damaged during shipping. Turns out the original 1 TB hard drive I stuck back into my laptop and installed a fresh recovery of Windows 8.1 was "BAD". So ASUS without giving me any kind of heads up installed a new hard drive for what I can assume would be 300 bucks....... I don't give a S#%*@ about a new hard drive! The original drive had long since been replaced by a 1 TB ssd and 2 TB hard drive in the other bay. I am going to try and resolve the issue with one of their managers within "48 hours". I never sent my laptop in for a "repair" this was only for the G-SYNC upgrade. They can pull the hard drive and leave the tray for all I care. I will not pay 300 bucks for a "repair" I don't even need.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

As expected ASUS support performed poorly in regards to this.

My first contact with their representative was me with a reply back about not being able to send me a screw and that I would need to send it in to the factory to have it replaced???

Yea so after finally getting the correct response from ASUS I asked them about availability of the 4710 motherboard and they have no clue. I then posted the forum post verbatim about the shortage and was told that if I want to qualify for this I need to send my laptop in right away before it expires.

So no one has asked me if I consent to having my laptop downgraded or even discussed this with me.

ASUS continues to aim to provide the worst customer service in the business and I'm tired of being fleeced.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by styson View Post
    I received the invoice for my laptop and it was 410 bucks........ Called ASUS thinking the unit must have been damaged during shipping. Turns out the original 1 TB hard drive I stuck back into my laptop and installed a fresh recovery of Windows 8.1 was "BAD". So ASUS without giving me any kind of heads up installed a new hard drive for what I can assume would be 300 bucks....... I don't give a S#%*@ about a new hard drive! The original drive had long since been replaced by a 1 TB ssd and 2 TB hard drive in the other bay. I am going to try and resolve the issue with one of their managers within "48 hours". I never sent my laptop in for a "repair" this was only for the G-SYNC upgrade. They can pull the hard drive and leave the tray for all I care. I will not pay 300 bucks for a "repair" I don't even need.
    Looking at the invoice it's actually 400 bucks for the hard drive it says nothing about a GSYNC upgrade...........

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by styson View Post
    Looking at the invoice it's actually 400 bucks for the hard drive it says nothing about a GSYNC upgrade...........
    You may already know, but if you don't want to pay for the hard drive replacement (and OS reinstall), just let repair know you aren't interested and you will get the notebook back unrepaired.

We can also get customers who will complain if we don't check the unit and fix any problems while it's in repair already (otherwise, customers need to send it back again later), so like to think of it more as a 'courtesy diagnostic' which you can just refuse if you're not interested.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 04-25-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Asoryu View Post
    My first contact with their representative was me with a reply back about not being able to send me a screw and that I would need to send it in to the factory to have it replaced???
    Asoryu, it's better to post in a separate thread with pictures if possible about the screw issue if you're still interested (you could send me a PM, but don't think you can include pictures, so posting in a thread will be better for pictures), but if you can tell me which model you have and a picture indicating the location of the screw, I may be able to grab one from our test unit if we have the same model and it's not too difficult to get to.

Also, I believe many of our screws are standard metric screws that you could find at a hardware store, so you can probably find these elsewhere too.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 04-25-2016 at 09:03 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    You may already know, but if you don't want to pay for the hard drive replacement (and OS reinstall), just let repair know you aren't interested and you will get the notebook back unrepaired.

We can also get customers who will complain if we don't check the unit and fix any problems while it's in repair already (otherwise, customers need to send it back again later), so like to think of it more as a 'courtesy diagnostic' which you can just refuse if you're not interested.
    I'm going to have my laptop sent back to me. I'm out on the GSYNC upgrade guys and this is the last ASUS notebook I purchase.

ROG Enthusiast Array Halil PC Specs
    Halil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardIntel Lynx Point HM87, Intel Haswell
    ProcessorMobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4750HQ, 3000 MHz (30 x 100)
    Memory (part number)24525 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3 GB)
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-2]
    MonitorLG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 [17.3" LCD]
    Storage #1HDD - 2000 GB, 7200 RPM
    Storage #2SSD - 250 GB, Samsung 850 EVO
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chrome
    Headset SteelSeries Flux On-Ear
    Mouse Pad Razer Hard
    OS Windows® 10 Pro 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by ciccio80 View Post
    Halil, Asus has extended the deadline of this program to July 31st, 2016.
    thx but wasn't matter i am so unlucky to burn in Turkey..... Customer Service saying to me your laptop have global warranty but we don't upgrade your laptop go USA for upgrade NON G-SYNC to G-SYNC
    that's why i hate my country so hard all customer services like gangster everyone breaking rules....ASUS TURKEY CUSTOMER SERVICE DON'T WANT TO DEAL on this Upgrade G-SYNC.... someone help me pls
    i bought this laptop in USA but this laptop got 1 year global warranty and they are saying to me JUST GO USA.... we dont help you...
    i don't get it man this upgrade not FREE i will pay but they just dont support me.
    After Contact ASUS USA SUPPORT:
    I talk to customer on asus live chat support and he saying to me if you buy non g-sync you cant upgrade to g-sync.... why every bad personal find me ?
    Last edited by Halil; 04-25-2016 at 10:34 PM. Reason: After Contact ASUS USA SUPPORT

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Halil View Post
    ..... Customer Service saying to me your laptop have global warranty but we don't upgrade your laptop go USA for upgrade NON G-SYNC to G-SYNC
    Well that is quite a normal thing for all companies with international branches.
    If you bough the notebook from USA, Asus Turkey is not obliged to offer you any kind of support.
    For the g-sync upgrade to happen, you need to contact Asus USA and send it back to them (at your grater expense unfortunately, since the shipping will be half way around the world). Try to ask them how much would the upgrade + shippinf from/to Turkey cost and see what they respond.
    Best of luck

ROG Enthusiast Array Halil PC Specs
    Halil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G751JT
    MotherboardIntel Lynx Point HM87, Intel Haswell
    ProcessorMobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4750HQ, 3000 MHz (30 x 100)
    Memory (part number)24525 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3 GB)
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-2]
    MonitorLG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 [17.3" LCD]
    Storage #1HDD - 2000 GB, 7200 RPM
    Storage #2SSD - 250 GB, Samsung 850 EVO
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chrome
    Headset SteelSeries Flux On-Ear
    Mouse Pad Razer Hard
    OS Windows® 10 Pro 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by ciccio80 View Post
    Well that is quite a normal thing for all companies with international branches.
    If you bough the notebook from USA, Asus Turkey is not obliged to offer you any kind of support.
    For the g-sync upgrade to happen, you need to contact Asus USA and send it back to them (at your grater expense unfortunately, since the shipping will be half way around the world). Try to ask them how much would the upgrade + shippinf from/to Turkey cost and see what they respond.
    Best of luck
    man thx for trying help but in Turkey if you sent it's okey they will pass(customs house) but if you trying to get it back (customs house) will want tax because in Turkey if you taking back to another country or purchasing another country you must pay tax (if more than 75 EURO) tax is %20
    in Turkey if you want to purchase item on another country you must visit that country and you must prove it's your item and you will dont sell (i mean laptop or phone must in your backpack or suitcase) otherway all cargo items if more then 75 EURO you must pay %20 tax
    so your way cost 1250 USD laptop price's %20 250 USD just tax price +cargo +upgrade too much expensive for me. thx for try man.
    and sory for my english i learned on tv movies.

Page 99 of 138 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast