cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base - Detecting AIO instead of CPU temp

Jagdseelen
Level 8
When my ROG Front Base is set to CPU Temp is it shows my Corsair H110i GTX block temp instead of my i7-6700k temp.

Corsairlink states temp is 3-5 degrees lower.

HWMonitor states temp is 2-4 degrees lower.

Real Temp states temp is 3-7 degrees lower.

Is there anyway to fix this problem?
6 REPLIES 6

Jagdseelen
Level 8
what no one knows anything?

Jagdseelen
Level 8
zzzZZZzzzZZZ

ASUS Support seem to be the equivalent to placing 100 monkeys in a room behind typewriters. Its only matter of time before one writes a novel. As for ASUS support its only a matter of time before they see your post and reply if your luck and they have a solution. If they don't have a solution they just ignore your post and hope it goes away.

This little monkey will be sitting behind his keyboard til he gets a solution or a answer why there is no solution.

2016 is going to be a lovely year!

Vlada011
Level 10
Madness. 😄

Jagdseelen
Level 8
Not madness, just angry at lack of service.

This is my 4th problem with ASUS products in the last 12mths alone and not one has had a ASUS support assisted solution.

Jagdseelen
Level 8
How long do I have to wait for a ASUS Rep to respond to this query?

I have the ROG Front Base and tend to use a program called Speccy (by Piriform) to view system data. This shows that my CPU temperature is always higher on the Front Panel than what is displayed by Speccy, and often by as much as 8 degrees which is a huge difference!
But, in Speccy it shows the temperature of each core and the average temp. What I tend to see is that the ROG Front Panel is slow to respond, I guess it uses quite a high filter for the CPU temperature, and that it is usually reasonably close to the highest core temperature detected in Speccy. Therefore I can only assume that the Front Panel is reporting the highest core temperature and not the average of the cores?

I can only guess at this and would appreciate it if an ASUS representative could confirm if there is any truth to my assumptions?