Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    New ROGer Array

G752VY same problem. Resolved by turning off Sonic Studio. Here are the steps:
    Press the ROG key on the numpad to open Gaming Center. Lunch Utility -> Sonic Studio -> OffClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SonicStudio2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	64196

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by geoxia View Post
    G752VY same problem. Resolved by turning off Sonic Studio. Here are the steps:
    Press the ROG key on the numpad to open Gaming Center. Lunch Utility -> Sonic Studio -> OffClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SonicStudio2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	64196
    If you disable SS2 realtek audio is more worse than after.

New ROGer Array

updated to: 28/10/2017

I had a similar random problem, but after having excluded USB quick charge, my conclusions were driving me to some kind audio device problem.

The good news are that:

- I found a quick mitigation to the problem: unplugging the power supplier seems to quit the problem.

- up to now, i fixed it by uninstalling Reaktek audio drivers and using windows included ones.

You can find the whole story here:
    http://www.stefanobordoni.cloud/rog-g752-overheat/

Good luck
    Last edited by sbordoni; 10-28-2017 at 02:17 PM.

New ROGer Array

G752VL same issue

Got the same issues on G752VL , my MB also died , not sure if the cause was related to this but new MB same issue.

The Realtek chip is not getting to hot , the issue is the amplifier stage causing the heating . Tried with allot of driver versions and no luck to fix the issue .

If the audio does not go to sleep then the amplifier stage goes hot . This is happening on all apps that is using audio , they keep the chip awake.

ROG Member Array

I have the same issue with a replacement G752VS. My wakeups are inconsistent too. Sometimes it will work, otherwise I get a black screen and I press the power button to get to the lock screen. Oddly, when I shut the lid, I hear windows make the audio chime when something disconnects and then reconnects. Are all VS models busted or something?

The laptop runs fine but if I put it to sleep, it will get hot. It stays cool otherwise.
    Last edited by danmaku; 01-04-2018 at 02:11 AM.

New ROGer Array

Angry hot PCH

Some people mentioned their PCH temperature is somewhat high. This is the case because in the RAID mode all communication with your PCIe SSD goes through the RAID controller in the PCH. Switching to AHCI mode would reduce PCH temperature by 10 C degrees from 60° to 50°. Subjectively, it also works slightly faster in the AHCI mode. I could switch on the fly with the latest Windows updates, had no system troubles since the switch.

And yes, I have the very same problem with the audio chip getting so hot, that you can feel it on the cover. In fact, it's as hot as the cover of my super slim Asus T300 chi with Core M under full load. This is a shame, because the speakers are far not that powerful to demand such a power draw from the amplifier. It is nothing but a design flaw in my opinion .
    Last edited by NeuroBurner; 05-03-2018 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling issues

ROG Member Array

One month before my warranty(2years) expired 1 usb start to dont read anything, 5 days after that i cant switch on pc.
    Problem was motherboard and it need to be replaced.
    cpu and gpu was integrated in motherboard, so now when they change motherboard i have new cpu and gpu.
    Temperature while rendering is 5c better (lower), audio port still getting hot but not like before. maybe 2 times cooler than before.
    i guess that asus g752vt have serial problem with realtek audio.
    i'm so dissapointed in asus laptops. if you pay 1600euro for gaming laptop you expect that everything will work fine. my next laptop will be some other brand maybe dell,msi, lenovo.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by krle752 View Post
    One month before my warranty(2years) expired 1 usb start to dont read anything, 5 days after that i cant switch on pc.
    cpu and gpu was integrated in motherboard, so now when they change motherboard i have new cpu and gpu.
    Temperature while rendering is 5c better (lower), audio port still getting hot but not like before. maybe 2 times cooler than before.
    i'm so dissapointed in asus laptops. if you pay 1600euro for gaming laptop you expect that everything will work fine. my next laptop will be some other brand maybe dell,msi, lenovo.
    I've payed 2400 bucks for an MSI and i have more huge problem than my previous ROG had (BSOD on gaming with 1070, already sent twice on repair, no solution), don't think that other flags are Always better. Just waiting to have money to return under ROG flag.

ROG Member Array

Same problem here, 15 days before warranty expired 1 usb stop working 5-7 days after that motherboard die. lucky me it was in warranty. they replace complete motherboard ,cpu and gpu (all integrated in mobo). after 10days same problem with heating audio jack. Now i use headphones or Bluetooth speakers that is the only way to work with audio on this laptop and audio jack stay cool . Service charge 1000euro for change motherboard, now i think to sell this laptop.
    if something like this happen again and im not in warranty anymore i just have a brick not laptop.
    worst laptop ever, i wont buy asus laptop next time... keep my self away from asus !!!! I think that dell will be my next laptop.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(4) SSD's - Samsung 960 & 970 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

...if something like this happen again and im not in warranty anymore i just have a brick not laptop.
    worst laptop ever, i wont buy asus laptop next time... keep my self away from asus !!!! I think that dell will be my next laptop.
    For me, the G752VY has been a great laptop (so far, knock on wood), except for the sound issues. Mine delivers a really loud buzzing whenever I turn on the internal speakers. Started erratically and then increased to every time I use them. I have spent countless hours diagnosing and trying things, and I even replaced the subwoofer in the unit with an OEM matching part, where the buzzing seemed to be coming from (the back L/R speakers produce sound which seems correct). Nothing has worked, but the headphones seem to work fine. I also bought a USB sound bar. So I use the sound on this laptop through either the headphones or the soundbar. Would also be nice if they updated the Realtek driver for this laptop, but that would require support.
    Davemon50

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8