Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

After one hour of playing YouTube music AND simultaneously downloading games in the background (at 2Mb/s), the PCH temperature stayed within the 50-60º range (average = 51.9º). Actually, I saw that downloading those games had a much higher impact on raising the temperature close to 60º than listening to music. So I have to assume that the sound does not significantly affect the PCH temperature. In fact, none of the temperatures measured by HWiNFO64 was significantly affected by playing music.

Btw, after doing three PC resets for testing reasons, I came to the conclusion that the PC reset operation doesn't work as expected. It does wipe out my C: drive as required and it does uninstall all installed programs. However, it does NOT manage to get the drivers back to their original factory state. Right before my last reset, my Nvidia driver was 376. After the reset, I had no Nvidia driver at all (so the resolution was that ****ty 800x600 or something and all icons in the desktop were huge), though the version of PhysX was still the one coming with the 376 version. So some components of the Nvidia driver were not reset at all, whereas other components were just totally removed. The Win 10 "Reset PC" functionality is crap.

It looks like the issue with waking up after sleeping is dramatically reduced by using the Nvidia driver recommended by ASUS, 362 (including PhysX).

By the way, is it normal that my max CPU temperature while playing games like Witcher 3 reaches 83º (the average is 10º lower or so)?
    Last edited by NP-complete; 01-22-2017 at 09:35 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Regarding the sleep and wake up issue with G752VY, it's definitely a software problem. If you do a clean boot then it works well in all cases. Thus, some program or programs are the cause of this problem.

My first thought was blaming Sonic Studio II, as it made all my Origin games (Unravel and Sims 4) crash when I launched them (just removing SSII from the Windows tray solved this problem). However, just disabling SSII from the startup does not solve the waking up problem. I guess finding the program to be blamed for the waking up issue would be just a matter of trying one "semi-clean" boot after each other. But it would be a very time consuming task, as the waking problem is non-deterministic: under the same apparent conditions, sometimes it happens and some it doesn't.

I think I'll just disable automatic sleep in Windows.
    Last edited by NP-complete; 01-22-2017 at 06:32 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Installed R2.81 from Realtek's site.
    It only decreases the PCH temp after a reboot . Any sleep or hibernate going through will make something crash and the PCH is going to heat as before ( 52 celsius without any real usage ). It also makes the touchpad driver crash in the same time , as opposed to before when it was working for several days in a row ( multiple sleep / hibernate )

It also doesn't help with the popping sounds coming out from the speakers. I can tell now that the pop is when the device turns off ( sounds like a hardware gate ) , but they seem to have a good reason for wishing it to turn off so often, beside the one of saving power. When the laptop is cold and the audio device turns on , you can hear horrible white noise coming from the speakers , the louder you turn on the volume the louder the noise gets, so its not anything picked up by the speakers themselfs. Can anyone confirm this ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I reported my all my temps to ASUS (both the temperature at the right side of the case, and the internal temperatures of the CPU, GPU, and PCH when playing sound through the speaking, playing games, etc). They told me that I shouldn't worry about the safety of the computer in the long term, because it's all normal.

By the way, I have good news regarding the issue waking up after getting into sleep mode: I've found that the problem is Origin. If I don't let Origin run (neither at startup nor later), then my computer always wakes up properly from sleep mode. So if any of you is experiencing this issue and you also have any installed Origin or Electronic Arts game, try it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm so sorry to inform that my solution to solve the waking up issue doesn't work in all cases. I thought waking up after a clean boot was safe (25 waking up operations in the last 3 days, all correct!), but it isn't. After a clean boot, I started Steam and asked it to download some large game (10 Gb) into the SSD. After 5 Gb or so, when the right side of the case was already warm (yes, the right side gets warm even without any sound, just by downloading files), I put the laptop into sleep mode. 30 minutes later, when the right side of the case was cold again, I pressed the wake up button... and it failed. Two attempts. First time I could write my password but then I was stuck in the desktop. Second time I just got the infamous black screen.

Maybe reducing the number of running programs helps indeed, but it definitely sounds like a hardware issue.
    Last edited by NP-complete; 01-26-2017 at 12:18 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Regarding the waking up issue: I've installed the lastest Intel drivers for the Chipset, the Management Engine, and the Rapid Storage Technology from http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en. Then, I've changed the BIOS from Raid to AHCI, following the steps given by hexaae in https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post588732 (I also experienced that halved transfer speed problem after waking up from sleep). Then I've repeated twice the experiment I mentioned in my previous post, and it's working: resuming after suspension isn't failing. I don't want to be overoptimistic (again!), but this could be the solution. I'll report any failure here...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just wanted to share that I have the same issue on my G752VM (the heating issue arround the audio jack closet to the thunderbolt)

I seem not to have issues with the waking up. And it seems it is colder when I play something but I need to check...

I bought it last week... (I can still return it ) and I did a factory reset which erased everything.

Regarding the realtek audo drivers it came with the 6.0.1.7848... However, I added the 6.0.17945.

Someone said it was caused by the nvidia drivers... I am using the latest nvidia drivers from the gforce experience.

My CPU/GPU temperatures in light load seems to be around 40 -45 respectively...
    Last edited by Delosari; 02-04-2017 at 01:15 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by NP-complete View Post
    I've changed the BIOS from Raid to AHCI, following the steps given by hexaae in https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post588732
    If you changed from RAID to AHCI, and have your win10 on M.2 SSD, you won't be able to install any major Win10 update like 1607 or upcoming Creator's Update because of 0xc0000225 BSOD. And going back to RAID may also cause you all sorts of problems. If you have only HDD or Sata bay SSD, your good.

The heating up of audio cheap is some how related the G752 loud speakers are really quiet even when on 100% volume compered to G751 on 100% volume. When the two stand side by side you can not hear G752. The G751 is so much louder. I suspect a hardware issue, something is of spec. On headphones all is good, the sound if equally strong from G72 and G751.

The Bios is buggy. You can't install win10 from cd on G752 SSD in raid mode. It will bsod when trying to load intel Raid driver. Asus support admitted it in an email. They asured me they are working on new bios to correct the problems with AHCI mode, but no new bios till this day has been released.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

[QUOTE=winyl;636837]If you changed from RAID to AHCI, and have your win10 on M.2 SSD, you won't be able to install any major Win10 update like 1607 or upcoming Creator's Update because of 0xc0000225 BSOD. And going back to RAID may also cause you all sorts of problems. If you have only HDD or Sata bay SSD, your good.
    QUOTE]

I have a G752VT. Changed bios from RAID to AHCI, no BSOD. I have Windows 10 clean install, version 1607 as of the moment. Never had any problems. I also had never any problems with factory preinstalled windows, I just had to try a clean install. No difference at all. I can also switch to and fro AHCI to RAID mode with no BSOD.

Maybe it helps if you disable fast boot in BIOS and fast startup in windows. I had mine like this since I first acquired my unit.

As of the headphone jack area too hot, I think it is not too hot. It is just warm. IT becomes warm only when no 3,5mm plugged in. I think this is due to the speaker amps cranking maybe 1 or 2 watts of power to the speakers.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Same for me on G752VT...sometimes right area become very hot...maybe is paired with the old "pop" issue? realtek chip continuosly process data and overheat itself.

EDIT: to solve the "old microsoft driver date" worry, they use appositely that date even if the driver is a new one in order to be esaily replaced by productor setup. but having a 2015 driver's doesn't mean that's a 2015 one. it could be a march 2017, but microsoft's one wil be always 2015 in order to be easily deleted/archived from better driver installer specialized by OEM's or major SH (like realtek for example).
    Last edited by Dr4g0n36; 04-10-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast