cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Audio jack area too hot

Areswarrior
Level 7
I've recently bought an asus rog g752, it's fantastic but I've noticed a problem during this days: when i plug in my headset the area close to audio I/O become hotter (30°-35°) and today it become hot without anything linked to any jack or USB door. Do you have noticed the same thing? It's normal?
80 REPLIES 80

JustinThyme
Level 13
Not experienced that on my G752VY DH72. Having mine torn down far enough to see whats over there no compoents that would cause heat. The only thing that is even close is the HDD that could cause some heat to rise a couple of inches in on the palm rest on the right side. I changed mine out to an SSD but nevertheless it could be thrashing and generating heat. Is your HDD light steady on when this is happening?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Not experienced that on my G752VY DH72. Having mine torn down far enough to see whats over there no compoents that would cause heat. The only thing that is even close is the HDD that could cause some heat to rise a couple of inches in on the palm rest on the right side. I changed mine out to an SSD but nevertheless it could be thrashing and generating heat. Is your HDD light steady on when this is happening?

I've the original HDD, but I don't think that the problem is related with it: most of my files are in an external HD and this issues appen while notebook isn't working hard... It seems a paradox but when I play videogame without headset the temperature become a bit colder on the right side. I've checked now that jacks are hot and the highest temperature is concentrated up to the 3 jacks and micro-usb door and I'm only using chrome, explorer and reading a small PDF file 😕

EDIT: Asus support suggest me to update BIOS file but I'm not sure is a software problem, could it be a cable without isolation?

Areswarrior wrote:
I've the original HDD, but I don't think that the problem is related with it: most of my files are in an external HD and this issues appen while notebook isn't working hard... It seems a paradox but when I play videogame without headset the temperature become a bit colder on the right side. I've checked now that jacks are hot and the highest temperature is concentrated up to the 3 jacks and micro-usb door and I'm only using chrome, explorer and reading a small PDF file 😕

EDIT: Asus support suggest me to update BIOS file but I'm not sure is a software problem, could it be a cable without isolation?

i got the same problem? is there any solutions right now?

a guy nearby with G752vy has the same issue. he open the box, and the hot was caused by a chip named on it Realtek 668. It's audio chip.
No idea now.

sensen wrote:
a guy nearby with G752vy has the same issue. he open the box, and the hot was caused by a chip named on it Realtek 668. It's audio chip.
No idea now.

Do you know if he has found a solution? It's possible do something by software or I need assistance to open it? :S Thanks for help anyway

JOHATASH
Level 7
No problem with my audio jack temp.

JustinThyme
Level 13
The only other thing i can think of is your headset is grounding or shorting causing excessive impedance at the connection and placing an undue load on it. Nothing else there, like I said the only component capable of producing heat is the mechanical HDD.

Have you tried a different headset?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
The only other thing i can think of is your headset is grounding or shorting causing excessive impedance at the connection and placing an undue load on it. Nothing else there, like I said the only component capable of producing heat is the mechanical HDD.

Have you tried a different headset?

Yes I've tried :S I'm not using head set right now but the right side of laptop is warm and I cannot understand why 😕 When I've played warframe and alan wake this issues was disappeared, it happens only when I'm not playing. To be sure I've checked cpu and gpu and my program said that temperature of both is around 40° but I suppose it's ok because I've read it could be 80° after 3-4hours of gaming.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Opening the Laptop up not only voids your warranty but does you no good. Very small chip there that should not generate any heat at all. Cool as a cucumber here on two different machines. When I say cool I mean stone cold, as in the coolest part of the machine.

Only two things that pop into my head is to reload the realtek drivers and if that fails open a support ticket with ASUS.