cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade help please

Pixxie_payne
Level 7
Ok so my desktop recently fried and im looking for a upgrade.

Iv got the new Asus Formula V 990FX already and i intend to get either the AMD FX-4100 or the FX-6100.

im not 100% sure on what CPU to get, but i know that its either the 4100 or the 6100.
the things that i am most stuck on however is Graphics card and ram compatibility,

does anyone know what to recommend graphics card, cpu and what would be a good ram set to use.

it would be greatly helpful if anyone can help.

thankyou
Catie F
Due to the speed of its orbit and rotation, mercury's days last longer than its years.
2 REPLIES 2

Berkow89
Level 7
I definitely desired to deliver a quick concept to thank you for the nice tips and hints you're posting on rog.asus.com . My time-consuming internet appear up has now been rewarded with helpful strategies to exchange with my family and friends. I'd claim that we readers fact are truly blessed to dwell in a helpful community with incredibly some great individuals with insightful points. I really feel really grateful to get discovered the webpage and appear ahead to a lot of additional entertaining moments reading right here. Thanks a good deal again for a good deal of things.

Pixxie, a lot of it depends on what you're looking to spend. The sweet spot on RAM right now pricewise is 1600Mhz. You can find 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) 1.5v dual channel kits for under $40. For 1866 same deal maybe $55, and for 2133 about $75.

Bang for the buck area pricewise for graphics nowadays is around $250

You planning on staying with AMD for graphics also, or are you non-denomiational?
i7-920@3.3/Radeon6850@950
i5-2500k@4.6/GTX570@850
i3-2100/GTX460HAWK@950