cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this OK / Normal for G752 keyboard backlight?

guyfawkes
Level 7
Different keys have different backlight, and even, for example, left corner of "G" has less light than right corner. I seed G751 highlight on Youtube, and it's brilliant. Is this issue with my laptop?55155
17 REPLIES 17

guyfawkes
Level 7
I also viewed this: , where backlight have problems too.

MrRuckus
Level 10
Just the way the keys are lit from behind. Depending on the angle you look at the laptop, the light will show through at different locations. You're just seeing the LED behind the keys. Nothing abnormal about it.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

On the left corner of G key I see two "points" of lighting, and on the right there are lot of them.

I see you also have G752. Could you do shot of your keyboard, please?

JustinThyme
Level 13
Haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary with mine. All highly dependent on angle of view and just looked at two other different models and they also change depending on how you are viewing the keyboard. On all 3 if I lean way back and look mostly across the keys its all gone and if I stand up and look straight down its also all gone. Any other position and its changes depending on whether I'm right looking left or left looking right or forward looking back or back looking forward. There is a guaranteed fix for this.......turn the back lights off.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

It's not a fix. And keys has different count of light points on corners.

Its really grasping at straws but I see what you are saying. It looks like very few keys are not uniform with their lights underneath, "G" being one of them. But again, I dont think it detracts from their primary purpose which is to light the symbols on the keys. It looks like these are little rectangles of LED lights and some are placed differently.

(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Yes, it's absolutely what I talking about..

MrRuckus wrote:
Its really grasping at straws but I see what you are saying. I dont think it detracts from their primary purpose which is to light the symbols on the keys. It looks like these are little rectangles of LED lights and some are placed differently.

+1

If it really bothers you that much return the machine and buy an MSI where you can get 3 different colors of light shining past the keys a little bit in the same fashion.
Like I said already, 3 different machines that all let light though somewhere depending on what the viewing angle is.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein