ROG Member Array

G751JT-T7172H, which version of Thunderbolt?

Hi!

I have the option of buying the G751JT-T7172H for a great price (around 13,000 SEK which is around 1,530 USD but I really want a laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 to futureproof it for external graphics that might be coming out this year.
    On the specification page it lists "Thunderbolt" but not which version of Thunderbolt, does this laptop have Thunderbolt 3?

Best Regards - Karl, Sweden

New ROGer Array

I seem to be having the same problem with my G750JW-BBI7N05. I have not been able to locate through Asus support or the internet on what version of thunderbolt I have. If you find out anything please let me know!

ROG Enthusiast Array

It is Thunderbolt 2.1.I have specifically taken it to Displayport when I wanted to buy a 4k monitor and they told me that the technology rolls around with what's available as far as products to connect to it.Thunderbolt 3 is the new standard as of this year but all G751's are 2.1

ROG Enthusiast Array BVr77 PC Specs
    BVr77 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G750
    MotherboardZ170 Pro Gaming
    ProcessorI7 4700HQ , I5 6600K
    Graphics Card #1GTX880M
    Graphics Card #27970 Ghz edition
    Storage #1Samsung 840
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro Nvme
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Headset Focal Spirit
    Mouse Pad Razer Examat X
    Headset/Speakers Sony A/V STR-DN 850 7.2

not hard to find: it's TB1
    there's no TB2 in Asus Laptop
    752 have TB3 through USB3.1-C

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BVr77 View Post
    not hard to find: it's TB1
    there's no TB2 in Asus Laptop
    752 have TB3 through USB3.1-C
    Well it was hard to find for me since all the retailers who sold it here in Sweden only listed it as "Thunderbolt".
    But then as you said I checked out the Wikipedia entry for "Thunderbolt" and saw that Thunderbolt 3 seems to be through a USB 3.1 Type-C combo-port while the others seem to go through Mini-Displayport.

Thank you guys for all your answers, have to wait until the newer model gets cheaper since I want the option to use external graphics.

ROG Member Array

It's Thunderbolt 2 ...Its safer to say even the G752 may/may not support a Gaming dock as some of them required 2 USB type-C as seen in CES 2016 .I think asus will release some ultrabooks compatible to the dock like the razer did.