cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Strix 980TI to stay in OC Mode and run at rated Baseclock

cars10
Level 8
I just bought 2 Strix 980 TIs (OC Edition), and the first thing I noticed upon installing them is that they run at 1190Mhz Default Core Clock and not the advertised 1216Mhz.

So I install the GPU Tweak2 software and click OC Mode, and I see it change in GPU-Z, but when I run a game/desktop/anything, it never goes beyond 1190MHz (according to GPU Clock sensor in GPUZ and Rivatuner and GpuTweak).

How do I get this card to run at 1216MHz Baseclock as advertised

Thanks for your help

p.s. the temps are fine (nothing beyond 70c)
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hello cars10

They should run at their advertised speeds but if they aren't raise the gpu clock offset 30MHz this should put the clock speed at 1220MHz, I don't have the strix 980ti but it overclocks like a champ and you should be able to get the core speed over 1400MHz on both.

You can also first try raising the power target as far as it will go.

toronto699
Level 13
Did u save the Over Clock ? the save button on tweak ll is in the monitor part of the Tweak ll app

cars10
Level 8
I fixed it. I just set a user overclock and upped the boost clock to whats advertised, and now it'll go up to 1390/1400Mhz in games

thanks anyway

grassy
Level 12
Thats great cars10. I have the same card and how are you finding your gaming with this card.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Kotronas
Level 9
Hmm any ideas why the card doesnt use the OC when i use it and have to make from advanced tab a custom profile to get some BOOST. as you can see they stay at 1190 and the fan isnt cooling the cards. When using Custom OC and the Temp target at 91C with 110% voltage and the rest not touched the cards are working as intended.

When pressing from advanced tab any of the profiles the Temp target is set to 60C(-23 from default)

Dont know why, i already had a clean install of the system. i have tried any uninstall and install with 1 or 2 cards and different positions

all ideas/solutions are welcomed.