cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project: Batman beyond

InnervateD
Level 10
So I've been trying to get this build of mine up for almost most of this year. This build had gone from going with a Rampage III Extreme with a Intel 980X to waiting it out until the Rampage III Black Edition came out with the 990X. The Rampage III Black Edition would have been the perfect board for this build but by the time I wanted to pull the trigger on getting it and the 990X the LGA2011s were only 2 months away from shipping. So my final build ended up being a Rampage IV Extreme with an Intel i7 3930K processor. I didn't go with the 3960X as I really didn't think that the extra 100Mhz and 3MB cache was worth another $600 after taxes; considering with recent reviews showing that the 3930K OC's just as well as the 3960X and your paying way less. Yea I just had a lot of unexpected expenses come up this year and dealing with some life issues; it wasn't one of my best years and I hope to forget it and start off the New Year with something nice like this 😄

The system will consist of the following at the moment:
- Intel i7 3930K
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (Battlefield 3 Edition)
- Corsair 16GB Dominator GT 2133MHz
- 2x ASUS Matrix GTX580s Platinum
- 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB in Raid 0
- 1x Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black
- Corsair AX1200 PSU
- Corsair H100
- Coolermaster HAF-X full tower
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I went with this project theme of Batman Beyond for the obvious. I'm a Batman Fan and I love ASUS products especially the ROG branded stuff, and naturally the color scheme falls into the same theme of Black and Red. It's been a long time since I've built a desktop for myself mainly because I've been running off the ROG gaming laptops for the past few years and I've enjoyed them for their power and mobility, but I'm due for a powerhouse gaming and all in one rig. I've always built systems and gaming rigs for my friends and for my clients since I fix, troubleshoot and repair computers for a living.

I'm sorta Brand Loyal and at the same time, I know that ASUS and Corsair makes quality products, so I stuck with mainly just ASUS and Corsair products for the entire build, the same goes with Western Digital Drives, minus the exception of the SSDs. I ended up taking the Coolermaster HAF-X case as I love how spacious this case is compared to anything out there. Also going with the Batman Beyond theme I wanted it to look a bit rough/raw looking and the Obsidian case from Corsair doesn't really fit the build, I'm really happy with the HAF-X case for this build, it just screams Batman in every detail.

I've done custom wiring on the system, as I've re-wired, re-soldered, re-sleeved, Re-heatshrinked all the wires of case fans on the entire build. I didn't want any of the color wiring to show. I also did this so that all the large case fans on the HAF-X, such as the 230mm and all the 200mm RED LED case fans are all affected by the LED light switch on the HAF-X case. That means I can press the LED light switch on the HAF-X case to turn off just the RED LED light on all the large case fans so I can sleep at night without my entire room lite in RED LEDs.

I had a lot of Illustrator work done by myself, measured everything, did some testing on paper before I had all my fan grills laser cut on 1mm sheet metal with the Bat logos, I did a few ROG grills in case I get bored with the Bat theme.

Anyways here's the pic log below.
You can check out more pics at http://batmanarkham.net/batmanbeyond/

Mod Supplies from Performance-PCs (Did not like the hefty brokerage fees I had to pay for it via UPS shipping to Canada)

Mock up of some Grills I did on Illustrator which I'll have laser cut on 1mm steel. Just printed them off on paper and cut them up for sizing on the case and the actual fans. I'm actually pleased that they fitted perfectly.

This is what the paper cut outs look like on paper on the actual case themselves. I can't wait to get them laser cut on metel and painted black for the final product.

Taking apart my Blu-Ray drive for painting.

Matte Black, 3 Coats.

Fully Assembled.

I didn't like the beige plastic that was an eyesore at the back of the drive, so I ordered some 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl DI-NOC to cover it up. It looks way better now 😄

Took the same 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl DI-NOC sheet and covered up the pretty dull looking PSU Cover of the HAF-X to look like this. I think it looks 100x better now.

Here's how the Cover looks like in the case with the Carbon Fiber mod to it.
17 REPLIES 17

InnervateD
Level 10
This is what I got from the metal shop. All my laser cut pieces

Here's most of the pieces minus the bigger pieces.

One giant Batman Beyond Batlogo cut out

Here's a pic of the Laser Cut Fan Grills mounted on 2x 1200mm Fans for test fitting.

Pictures don't do this justice. They look a lot better in person, and they'll look way better lite up when their painted Black.

My little workstation in my room, sanding the grills down and cleaning them before paint.

3 coats of Gloss Black for some shine. I didn't think that the flat black would be good for the fan grill pieces.

Here's just the fan grills and some of the smaller bat cut outs minus the larger pieces, all painted up in gloss black.

Here's close up shot of one of the ROG 120mm Fangrills I had all painted up in Gloss Black.

Here's a close up shot of one of the Batman Beyond batlogo 1200mm Fangrills in Gloss Black.

Here's a shot of one of the Bat Fangrills mounted on a H70, this is an old shot as I now have them mounted on a Corsair H100

Here's the Front of the case where the 230mm Fan is.

A Closeup shot of the Front Fangrill with the Coolermaster logo perfectly centered in the middle of the Batlogo. I'm actually quite pleased that it was as dead center that I got it with the laser cut grills. Doing the paper mockups helped a lot.

Shot on top with the 2x 200mm fangrills

Close up shot of one of the top 200mm panel fangrills

InnervateD
Level 10

What's all going into the Batcomputer:
- Intel i7 3930K
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (Battlefield 3 Edition)
- Corsair 8GB Dominator GT 2000MHz (2x 6GB Kits broken down to 8GB for Quad Channel until the 16/32GB Kits are out)
- 2x ASUS Matrix GTX580s Platinum
- 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB in Raid 0
- 1x Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black
- Corsair AX1200 PSU
- Corsair H100
- Coolermaster HAF-X full tower

R4E Installed into the HAF-X with the 3930K

Another look with the R4E Installed with the H100 with the Batman Beyond Grills on it.

Putting on some Arctic Cooling MX-4

H100 Installed, didn't fit at the start, I had to bend the 4 tabs on the bracket down, and had to loosen up the 4 screw bits on the stock LGA2011 Socket screw holes to have this thing fit properly, it's tight has hell, sorta concerned at first when I had to force it down with a bit of force, but it fits and it's running really cool. Happy with it.

Some Cable Management, not the cleanest but at least the cover fits for the amount of cables I have, I think it's damn good enough.

Top of the Case with the Bat Grills on the 200mm Fans on the HAF-X

This is the Front of the case of the HAF-X where the 230mm Fan is, another Bat Grill, the Coolermaster logo is perfect centered ontop of the Bat grill.

Side of the Case, Window Side with the Pannel on.

Close up shot of the side window case 200mm Case Fan with another Bat Grill.

InnervateD
Level 10

Fullshot of the setup lite up with the NZXT 2M Sleeved Red LED kit.

A shot of the Back of the case, another 1200mm Bat grill on the Exhaust, this fan has another grill on the front side with you'll see in another shot down below.

Closer shot of the R4E with the H100 block and the 2x Matrix GTX580s in SLi with the Sexy ROG Black SLi Bridge.

I love this shot, of the R4E with the H100 Block and the Dominator GT memory.

Shot of the Exhaust Fan from the inside with a Bat Grill.

A shot of the Radiator of the H100 with 2x Coolermaster RED LED 120mm case fans with more Bat Grills.

Closer shot of the Radiator and the 2x Coolermaster RED LED 120mm case fans with more Bat Grills.

Love these video cards, love them more when their in full load to Match the lighting on the inside.

Final Shot of the Setup with the Side Panel OFF.

My Desktop with the ROG Theme installed with a custom ROG wallpaper I made in PS, I like mine Clean.

l3p-NL
Level 9
Will be following this 'monster' 🙂

Just posted the final Pics of the setup Check it out

RoG1
Level 7
Nice one!!!

DaemonCantor
Level 13
That is a great looking Build and I like the Desktop except instead of the ROG Logo you should have put the Batman Logo like on your fans or Maybe put the ROG LOGO inside of the Batman Logo. Otherwise Fantastic Job Izzy! Not many people go to the point of customizing even the Windows environment anymore

it awesome keep up the good work and in a few months i will have finish my monster!!
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

dedaciai
Level 10
Looks great! +1!