cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One Controllers and Wireless Adapter

majstermod
Level 7
Hi,
i have issue with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows and Xbox One Controllers.
I have two controllers.
Nevermind if I connect them with USB cables or through wireless adapter, only one works.
It is always controller connected as first.
HW is ok and works perfect on another PC (HP Pavilion X360) with the same Windows 10 Home build and the same drivers.
I have contacted Microsoft support 4 Times without success.
There are similar threads on Xbox forum and it looks like it's a specific PC configuration issue.
Users with Maximus mobos confirms they have the same issue.

Symptoms:
Two controllers are recognized by wireless adapter.
First works.
Second doesn't work (games or system don't react on buttons).
In Devices and Printers-->Xbox Wireless adapter-->Controllers' settings first can be configured, second raises error message.
Controller #1
http://postimg.org/image/8pevmkez7/
Controller #2
http://postimg.org/image/ahx5kjevr/
Error message translation: "Game controller isn't connected properly. Ensure it is physically connected to computer"
As soon as I disconnect #1, #2 starts working immediatelly.

To ensure Xbox controllers are ok, I tried them on another PC.
My PC has some strange HID devices, I can't recognize.
I tried to uninstall them, but they appear again after system restart.
They are marked with ??? on PC vs Ultrabook comparison screeenshot:
http://s15.postimg.org/cz3eh3fqz/HID_devices_WIndows_10.png
Is there anybody with Maximus VIII Mobo who has two Xbox One controllers working on Windows 10?
How to deal with it?
I have latest BIOS and drivers for all components in my profile.
14 REPLIES 14

majstermod
Level 7
Hi
is there anybody who have two Xbox One controllers working on Z170 mobo?

It looks like issue is related to one of following:
USB controller, Z170 chipset, Skylake processor, any other element which differs Skylake from previous platform.

I have found 2 other users with the same issue on xbox forum and one on Steam.
All of them have Asus Z170 motherboard and i5-6600K processor.

According to the official Microsoft XBOX website they say you simply bind the Adapter to your Wireless Controller, supports up to 8 wireless controllers, plus up to 4 chat headsets or 2 stereo headsets. For use with the Xbox One Wireless Controller or Xbox Wireless Controller and controller compatible games on PCs and Tablets running Windows 10 with USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.

Woodmansee
Level 7
Have you got the Xbox one accessories installed and updated the firmware?

Woodmansee wrote:
I just simply connected the wireless dongle and the extender cable and let windows 10 automatically install the driver and nothing else, then I paired the controller with the wireless dongle, I haven't heard or read anywhere that there was any Xbox one accessories or firmware update for the PC?

Woodmansee wrote:

Hi, yes I have installed Xbox accessories application from MS store and then updated both gamepads.
No change.
Still I believe it doesn't' matter since they work on another PCs and don't work only on ASUS mobos with Z170.

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
I have an Xbox wireless receiver dongle and usually only use one controller but have just tested it with two controllers connected and it works fine. To get the driver to work I had to manually select the driver that I wanted too use (not the windows default). Go to 'Device Manager' find the wireless dongle in the device list and right click then select 'Update Driver Software...' In the next window select 'Browse My Computer For Driver Software' and in the following window select 'Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers On My Computer'. Locate and choose the driver named 'XBox 360 controller for Windows version: 2.1.0.1349 [13/08/2009]'.
After that your wireless dongle should hopefully work as intended. Good luck!

Legolas
Level 9
Try this in your BIOS in M8G:
BIOS -> Advanced -> USB Configuration
Legacy Support -> Auto (Changed from Enabled)
Intel xHCI Mode -> Disabled (changed from Enabled)
EHCI Hand-off -> Disabled (changed from Enabled) (For some boards)
Sincerely,
Legolas

I have the exact same issue, with a similar setup:

Asus Maximus Impact VIII
Core i5-6500

I've tried everything that was suggested in this thread but to no avail.

From what I've seen in the Xbox forums, It looks like the problem affects Asus motherboards only.

On another note, I also have a PS4 controller, but it doesn't work well with the Maximus Impact's built-in Bluetooth: whenever the controller turns off, it can't be paired again properly without reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers.

It's quite sad to have a gaming motherboard that can't handle the most popular gamepads 😞

Legolas
Level 9
Hi again, did you try to make sure the bluetooth works with other devices? Did you guys update drivers online at Asus website?
Sincerely,
Legolas