cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY-RH71Normal temps

JeanLucAwesome
Level 7
I've had my g752vy-rh71 for just almost a week now, the GPU temperature at idle is constantly sitting at 50c. and the CPU hovers around 46-50c, the fans are quiet but always on.

Is this normal behavior? While Idle it's pretty much sitting at the highest acceptable numbers I saw in the safe temp thread. And from what I've read around I suspect these temperatures are higher than normal. I've deleted most of the bloatware that came installed on the machine, including game first III, ect (wish there was a master list of all bloatware to delete honestly)

In game seems good, as far as I know. While playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on high at 60fps, gpu was consistently around 70c while the cpu moves around from 70 to 80c
6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
Dont know where you read that these are close to max temps? I missed that thread.

Nvidia lists the max temp at 98C, Intel lists the 6700HQ at 100C, your idle is pretty much on par and will vary depending on room ambient. download and launch CPUZ Hardware monitor and leave it running in the background while you run several laps though something like the heaven benchmark. CPUZ hardware monitor will show you min and max temps as well as min and max fan speeds.

I just ran mine though a few round of heaven follwed by two round of Firestrike. CPU idle 45C, max 76C. GPU idle 45C, max 68C with an ambient of around 21C.

If you want to run cooler you can download Notebook fan control and use the Zenbook profile, cant remember which one but only one of them shows both fans. From there you can adjust the fan speeds to run at a constant speed to drop your temps if you like. Me Im fine where Im at, totally within specs and no thermal throttling.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

thetanaz
Level 7
The idle temps seem okay but the question is what are your full load temps?Try running the Heaven benchmark for 1 hour and come back with the max reached temps.In another thread I just told a guy that the G751 series are notorious to have badly thermal pasted units.I hope the G752-s are not the same way.It will be rather disappointing.

My idle temps look like yours, 45-50C at 20-21C room temp...

JeanLucAwesome
Level 7
I probably worded that poorly when I said I was sitting at the highest acceptable temp (I was referring to this thread; https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81922-GUIDE-on-safe-GPU-temperatures) I was just worried how both my gpu is consistently sitting at 50c, never lower, even while my gpu usage is around 0. Since a lot of people seem to be reporting idle temps in the 40s.

Anywho I let that heaven benchmark run for about hour on ultimate and afterburner showed my max gpu temp was 70 usage 99, CPU maxed at 80 usage 37

JeanLucAwesome wrote:
I probably worded that poorly when I said I was sitting at the highest acceptable temp (I was referring to this thread; https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81922-GUIDE-on-safe-GPU-temperatures) I was just worried how both my gpu is consistently sitting at 50c, never lower, even while my gpu usage is around 0. Since a lot of people seem to be reporting idle temps in the 40s.

Anywho I let that heaven benchmark run for about hour on ultimate and afterburner showed my max gpu temp was 70 usage 99, CPU maxed at 80 usage 37

No worries with that after a long loaded run. Like I said you can down load the notebook fan app and run fans to full speed and you will never get close to that but you will be listening to your fans run at full bore all the time.

You have to keep in mind that the thread you are referring to is the opinion of another user and not a manufacturer spec sheet. Good opinion but and opinion nevertheless. Your idle temp being at the upper end of the range presented in that opinion is nothing to worry about in the least. Cooler is always better, particularly if you intend on venturing into overclocking you GPU which is mostly what the user presented was his method to overclocking and squeezing out more than stock performance from his GPU.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

thetanaz
Level 7
Those temps are decent.Seen better but seen far worse.You should not be worried at all as it is way within limitations.