cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad g751 bios flash

warryabel
Level 7
yesterday i would flash the newest bios(211) for g751 jt! after start asus winflash the computer shutdown and begin to flash but after a moment before all was done he shutdown and start again! that was the bigin off a loolp!
i have flashed all bioses on this computer with the same procedure but this time there was an error. can someone tell me if a recoveryflash helps and how i did it!
i have performed the try and error game with the renamed bios on hdd/sdd/usb/fat32/ntfs/.bin.BIN.rom etc....
it seems that ctrl+home+powerbutton helps but when the keybordlight goes on nothing else happends and he loops again with the lights on.
in one cl albert has checked that ctrl+home is working in one tread but i cant handle this info!
my last try was usb 32gb fat32 formatted with the renamed bios G751JTAS.BIN and G751JT.BIN on it! hold ctrl+home+power holding
the computer comes on again with keyboard,release button and the happends nothing!
on my n55vd i had a working bios and on this maschine the ctrl+home tips is functional without usb... i have no plan what is to do...rma? oh,no...hate
never touch arunning system(idiot)
16 REPLIES 16

Edweird
Level 10
Someone posted a while ago that the CTRL+HOME method worked for them when they took out all drives and just put in an empty one with just the file on it and it worked, otherwise it showed the same symptoms as yours.

warryabel
Level 7
have read this tread, have took out the drives and put in and 160gb hdd fat32 formatted, with bios 209 renamed on it. but with only hdd without i cant put the laptop in the "keybordlight" on modus
it seems that the light only goes on with usb stick,with hdd there is no reading on it!
thx for helping
p.s. can it be that the hdd with file must be ntfs formatted?

Edweird
Level 10
Possibly? Have a go at it, nothing to lose. I haven't seen a FAT32 formatted HDD in more than 12 years, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of dependancy...having an empty drive with nothing but the file in it is strange enough as it is so...

warryabel
Level 7
to late im on rma...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Id never heard of it done with an HHD but have with a USB and the BIOS renamed to .BIN then CTL+home+pwr button until you see the power light come on then go back off then repeat the buttons and the flash begins.

Two other alternatives.
1) PITA but works......get you tools out and be prepared to spend a bit of time removing the CMOS battery leaving it sit for 20-30 mins then begin the reassembly process.

2) RMA

Looks like you made your choice.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Id never heard of it done with an HHD but have with a USB and the BIOS renamed to .BIN then CTL+home+pwr button until you see the power light come on then go back off then repeat the buttons and the flash begins.

Two other alternatives.
1) PITA but works......get you tools out and be prepared to spend a bit of time removing the CMOS battery leaving it sit for 20-30 mins then begin the reassembly process.

2) RMA

Looks like you made your choice.

never heard....the fact is on my n55vd i try it out, the bios lay in the root of c(ntfs) but it isnt the first partition when i count the recovery with it. must only hold home+ctrl+power the maschine goes on and the flash begun! easy peasy i know but not on G751 JT. i also think that remove cmos battery help nothing in this case! would say bad programmed bios because 203-208 causing no errors for me with winflash from asus supportpage....

warryabel
Level 7
*bumped* for admin

Edweird
Level 10
I fixed the BIOS problems on my old ASUS by popping the CMOS battery too - dunno if it would have worked on the G751 but you have to take the whole motherboard out to get to it now...

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes for Ctrl + home to work your ****.bin must be the only one and on the root of your C:\ it will not work from a USB Thumb Drive.

This doesn't work for some people if it doesn't work for you it would be an RMA item if your in warranty if not, that up to you.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro