Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

I bought this same laptop a week ago. Upon setting up the computer and getting to my desktop, I noticed my harddrive was labeled incorrectly (DVD-ROM (D) - It also had a file system of fatt32 - further to this there was already 4 files in the drive as you had named and descrided. The capacity size was 417gb free of 417gb. I called Asus on this matter, and every person I spoke to at Asus had said, "based on the information you have given us about your laptop, we can tell you in full confidence that it had been open prior to your purchase". We would NEVER send out a computer with a "D" drive labeled DVD-ROM (D) - The "D" drive would ALWAYS be labeled as DATA (D)". Asus then wanted to know where I bought it from and highly suggested I bring it back to the store for exchange. By Monday - 3 days after original purchase date I had futher problems happening with this laptop. Over the course of an hour on Monday morning I could not log into my destop, the screen started to do a flashing effect, and the fans had ramped up to what seemed like highest setting while in an idle state maintaining only 36 degrees on the gpu and cpu. After all these further problems to how the drive came labeled, I have since brought it back to the store for exchange. My personal advice, don't sit on this issue as things will get worse. Something sent out in question and with what Asus has stated on it, I can assure you nothing good will come out of it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

My GL552VW-DH71, which had a 1TB spinner came in 2 partitions. C drive with the OS and D as the "data' partition. It actually had 4 partitions in total when I was viewing in disk management. I combined them, then I cloned it to my M.2 SATA SSD. It didn't like it when I tried to wipe the original disk. Guess it was still trying to boot and find Windows on the old spinning disk later. 20 minutes later and a few command lines using the W10 repair disk I was fixed.
    GL552VW-DH71 Win 10
    Intel Core i7 6700HQ
    16 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

ROG Member Array

My 512GB SS was also split in two partitions C: and D:.
    Even worse, they were not next together, but seperated by an invisible Recovery Partition in between. What a nonsense. For those who prefer one large OS-Drive for OS and all apps/programmes, they cannot merge the two partitions because you can only merge partitions who are placed next to each other.

It would have been much easier if Asus has placed the Recvery Partion not in between C and D Partitions.
    So I couldn't easily merge them, but this is how it worked.

I had to
    -backup the Recovery Partition between C an D (using Acronis).
    -delete the Recovery Partition
    -merge the un-assigned space to C
    -reduce the size of D (equal to the former size of the Recovery Partition)
    -merge D into C
    -restore the Recovery Partition into the not assigened space.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Wemser View Post
    My 512GB SS was also split in two partitions C: and D:.
    Even worse, they were not next together, but seperated by an invisible Recovery Partition in between. What a nonsense. For those who prefer one large OS-Drive for OS and all apps/programmes, they cannot merge the two partitions because you can only merge partitions who are placed next to each other.

It would have been much easier if Asus has placed the Recvery Partion not in between C and D Partitions.
    So I couldn't easily merge them, but this is how it worked.

I had to
    -backup the Recovery Partition between C an D (using Acronis).
    -delete the Recovery Partition
    -merge the un-assigned space to C
    -reduce the size of D (equal to the former size of the Recovery Partition)
    -merge D into C
    -restore the Recovery Partition into the not assigened space.
    Ran into the same problem i think, used aomei to combine the partitions. it doesn't care what partitions are next to each other, just smashes them together.
    GL552VW-DH71 Win 10
    Intel Core i7 6700HQ
    16 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Paul6778 View Post
    I bought this same laptop a week ago. Upon setting up the computer and getting to my desktop, I noticed my harddrive was labeled incorrectly (DVD-ROM (D) - It also had a file system of fatt32 - further to this there was already 4 files in the drive as you had named and descrided. The capacity size was 417gb free of 417gb. I called Asus on this matter, and every person I spoke to at Asus had said, "based on the information you have given us about your laptop, we can tell you in full confidence that it had been open prior to your purchase". We would NEVER send out a computer with a "D" drive labeled DVD-ROM (D) - The "D" drive would ALWAYS be labeled as DATA (D)". Asus then wanted to know where I bought it from and highly suggested I bring it back to the store for exchange. By Monday - 3 days after original purchase date I had futher problems happening with this laptop. Over the course of an hour on Monday morning I could not log into my destop, the screen started to do a flashing effect, and the fans had ramped up to what seemed like highest setting while in an idle state maintaining only 36 degrees on the gpu and cpu. After all these further problems to how the drive came labeled, I have since brought it back to the store for exchange. My personal advice, don't sit on this issue as things will get worse. Something sent out in question and with what Asus has stated on it, I can assure you nothing good will come out of it.
    Ordered mine from Amazon on Monday.
    Arrived today.
    Seals still on box.
    Boot up and D: drive says DVD_ROM (fat32)

arg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2