cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl552jx win7 drivers available?

Retired
Not applicable
is there any (splendit, hotkeys and touchpad etc) drivers for windows 7?

is this site legit?
http://asussupports.com/asus-rog-gl552-driver-download/
13 REPLIES 13

JoeCorrado
Level 7
If I owned an ASUS laptop, and wanted to download drivers; I suppose I might trust this site:

http://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/GL552JX/HelpDesk_Download/

Long answer short; ASUS does not support Windows 7 on the GL552JX platform. COULD you force the issue? Certainly. Would the patch job of drivers that you slapped together make for a stable platform? Not likely. But if you like the color blue, have at it.

Hope this helps.

Retired
Not applicable
what about linux? i don't see unstable platform there...

maf23
Level 7
Many of the drivers work with Windows 7, but touchpad does not. I have a stable Windows 7 partition (on skylake GL552VW) that is far more responsive in daily tasks than Windows 10. If you like spending the first 10-20 minutes of every day waiting for things to update/scan after boot, then Windows 10 is for you!

maf23 wrote:
Many of the drivers work with Windows 7, but touchpad does not. I have a stable Windows 7 partition (on skylake GL552VW) that is far more responsive in daily tasks than Windows 10. If you like spending the first 10-20 minutes of every day waiting for things to update/scan after boot, then Windows 10 is for you!

Hi, I recently brought a GL552VM too, and I'm so angry about windows 10. You said you have windows 7 in your 552, so it would be possible that you tell me where did you find windows 7 drivers for this laptop??

I don't care about the touchpad I don't even use it at all, so if everything else is working it would be perfect if I can make it run perfectly without windows 10.

Most of my problems are with screen resolution which is at 1920x1080 so I'm literally getting blind. Zoom is only getting blurry letters so is not a fix for my problem...

Thank you very much.

First, you have to disable Secure Boot and enable CSM mode in bios. I would start with a new hard drive and not erase your original in case things go south. Use the drivers in your eSupport folder (many of them still work with Win 7). You need the following USB driver (or newer version) from Intel site:
Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver_4.0.0.36 (no longer available on Intel site, but the newer version should work).
Download the newest video drivers from Intel (win64_154014.4352 & latest nVidea) & Nvidea site. I unzipped them all and used ImgBurn to create the iso and then burned it to a blank DVD. Once Windows 7 is installed, use device manager to select the DVD and load chipset drivers first, followed by MEI, DPTF Intel, USB 3 Extensible, Network, Intel Wireless Network and ATK (for lighted keyboard), Card Reader, then update both video drivers (I think those are the major ones you need). Until USB is installed, navigating without a touchpad or mouse is the biggest frustration (use Alt-Tab and Windows shortcuts)

Retired
Not applicable
I've installed windows 7 and drivers for win 8.1. My God how much win7 is superior to 8.1 and 10. More responsive and just better! Very bad decision from asus not to have drivers for win7.

Retired
Not applicable
maf23 wrote:

this one is working on my GL552JX (touchpad drivers) - http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/479/0/20/30/

so, almost everything is working (only universal serial bus (USB) controller not)

maf23
Level 7
I can send you the USB driver if you PM me your email. Also what version of the Touchpad driver did you use. I tried all of them and only two actually loaded, but did not function.

Retired
Not applicable
the most recent one.

well, the "content move with your finger direction" is inverted. when it's checked it moves contrary...

my english is not so good, so i'm hoping you will understand