Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by AmirShred View Post
    I do not. My chassis cabling is well shielded.
    It's not the cabling, it's also on the back ports.

  2. #12
    ROG Enthusiast Array Celador PC Specs
    Celador PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus VIII Maximus Hero
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR 4 32gb 2400 Mhz RAM
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 970 - Asus Strix OC II
    Sound Cardbuilt-in piece of ****
    Storage #1OCZ Vertex SDD
    Storage #2WD Caviar Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseThermaltake Tai-Chi
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech g19s
    Mouse Logitech g602
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterAsus - AC RT68U

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    59

    I've would've agreed that the issue is probably driver related if only it did not appear right after clean windows installation. I've also tried rebooting in diagnostic mode which disables everything except windows services and the issue was still there.

    The fact that it doesn't appear with stock windows drivers makes me thing that it's probably some driver and hardware interaction related issue after all. GPU, HDD, RAM or maybe even keyboard/mouse/router. Though it does sound kinda far fetched.

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Vinny1001 PC Specs
    Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k 4.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x 8GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1080 Ti
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro, 840 Pro, M.2 840 Evo
    Storage #22x 1TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 Modular
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240
    Mouse Pad Swiftpoint The Z Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Logitech Surround Z506
    OS Windows 10 Pro, version 1703
    Network RouterAsus RT N66U

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    166

    Quote Originally Posted by Celador View Post
    I've would've agreed that the issue is probably driver related if only it did not appear right after clean windows installation. I've also tried rebooting in diagnostic mode which disables everything except windows services and the issue was still there.

    The fact that it doesn't appear with stock windows drivers makes me thing that it's probably some driver and hardware interaction related issue after all. GPU, HDD, RAM or maybe even keyboard/mouse/router. Though it does sound kinda far fetched.
    Celador, are you experiencing audio issues?

    I have the pop/cut out and subwoofer thump with realtek or asus realtek drivers installed, but not Windows default audio drivers. Had it on 5 different boards, 3 different CPU's, 3 different PSU's, 3 sets of RAM, and bench tested, 1 SSD.

    This clearly is driver related. I've never had an issue in my previous builds, and with recent set up I went through ENDLESS replacements on each component, and used previous working components, and the audio issue was still there only with audio drivers from realtek or Asus.

    Asus has had it replicated for me weeks back (they sent me two videos to confirm) and said they're working on it.

    What do you think Celador?

  4. #14
    ROG Enthusiast Array AmirShred PC Specs
    AmirShred PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero
    Processori7-6700K
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny1001 View Post
    This clearly is driver related.
    Definitely, considering my experience and what others have reported about clone installs between systems confirms this. Not to mention using win drivers doesn't cause it. My big question at this point is ASUS told me 2 weeks on a new driver but still no driver.

  5. #15
    ROG Enthusiast Array Celador PC Specs
    Celador PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus VIII Maximus Hero
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR 4 32gb 2400 Mhz RAM
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 970 - Asus Strix OC II
    Sound Cardbuilt-in piece of ****
    Storage #1OCZ Vertex SDD
    Storage #2WD Caviar Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseThermaltake Tai-Chi
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech g19s
    Mouse Logitech g602
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterAsus - AC RT68U

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny1001 View Post
    Celador, are you experiencing audio issues?

    I have the pop/cut out and subwoofer thump with realtek or asus realtek drivers installed, but not Windows default audio drivers. Had it on 5 different boards, 3 different CPU's, 3 different PSU's, 3 sets of RAM, and bench tested, 1 SSD.

    This clearly is driver related. I've never had an issue in my previous builds, and with recent set up I went through ENDLESS replacements on each component, and used previous working components, and the audio issue was still there only with audio drivers from realtek or Asus.

    Asus has had it replicated for me weeks back (they sent me two videos to confirm) and said they're working on it.

    What do you think Celador?
    As i posted here and in my own threads - i also have this issue. I've talked several times with different support representatives and was told several times that they know about this issue and it is probably related to a driver or hardware configuration. Im assuming that everyone has it despite some people claiming otherwise. Not everyone pays attention to such things, not everyone can even spot audio issues. Considering that different forums and youtube are filled with complaints and videos describing this - im guessing it's an Asus issue to begin with and they have to deal with it eventually.

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    258

    Quote Originally Posted by Celador View Post
    Im assuming that everyone has it despite some people claiming otherwise. Not everyone pays attention to such things, not everyone can even spot audio issues.
    There's a classic internet hallmark. If you have a problem desperately claim everyone has the same issue; and if they don't, suggest they either are too stupid or making false claims. Just because an issue affects dozens doesn't automatically mean it affects thousands.

    If you bothered to read my posts earlier in this thread you will see it doesn't affect all configurations or setups. I have no issues at all with onboard audio but observed the issue on a friend's system. I cloned that exact install to my system and then my system had the issue. Took his drive back out and reinstalled mine and problem gone. It is config related and is isolated to some systems. As Amir said there is probably a driver conflict with something in the affected systems and they have to adjust the driver.

    I went reading through online reviews and even see a couple at Newegg that reported they had audio issues with the Maximus VIII Hero and don't on the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha. That is probably because the installation is different as I doubt anything is physically different between the board audio hardware.

    I hope they get you guys a patch soon.

  7. #17
    ROG Enthusiast Array AmirShred PC Specs
    AmirShred PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero
    Processori7-6700K
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    26

    +1 to Ondersma. That is why got this whole thing going. My friend's system, exact same board, bios, CPU, etc sounds great. Mine is so bad you really can't miss it. Where is the stupid driver?

  8. #18
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Vinny1001 PC Specs
    Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k 4.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x 8GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1080 Ti
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro, 840 Pro, M.2 840 Evo
    Storage #22x 1TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 Modular
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240
    Mouse Pad Swiftpoint The Z Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Logitech Surround Z506
    OS Windows 10 Pro, version 1703
    Network RouterAsus RT N66U

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    166

    Any update on the audio issues, anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •