cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99-a LAN issues

jmansuper08
Level 7
Hi, I own a brand new x99-a motherboard and unfortunately the intel gigabit LAN is giving me issues, when I install the driver ( from the disc) task manager give me error code 10 device was not installed properly. I have even tried downloading and transferring the driver from my laptop to my x99-a motherboard, from Intel, and the Asus website. Should I return the board or does anyone have a fix
3 REPLIES 3

Pleot
Level 8
Well, this is the obvious - Make sure it is the correct driver version for your OS. Try uninstaling the device driver prior to reinstalling it. Let windows install it to see what happens (uninstall the driver and then reboot)... Try some third party program like "Driver booster 3", maybe it will fix the problem - I use it and it is usefull and safe (in my experience). Before returning the board, if nothing else works, try reseting or reinstalling windows (the atom bomb 😛 solution)

thanks for the reply I have uninstalled, and re-installed windows 7, 8.1, and 10. none of them work. i am using OS specific drivers, which are all on the disk, and the websites. i would use Driver Booster but i don't have internet on that specific pc. The just is, i have tried what you said, and though i am thankful for the suggestions none of them are helping. just install windows 7 again so if anyone can help i am on a fresh install.

drop4205
Level 12
This is the lan driver I put on my x99 board but its for windows 10. Its version 20.4.1 on intel site
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11