New ROGer Array

Question X99-a LAN issues

Hi, I own a brand new x99-a motherboard and unfortunately the intel gigabit LAN is giving me issues, when I install the driver ( from the disc) task manager give me error code 10 device was not installed properly. I have even tried downloading and transferring the driver from my laptop to my x99-a motherboard, from Intel, and the Asus website. Should I return the board or does anyone have a fix

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Well, this is the obvious - Make sure it is the correct driver version for your OS. Try uninstaling the device driver prior to reinstalling it. Let windows install it to see what happens (uninstall the driver and then reboot)... Try some third party program like "Driver booster 3", maybe it will fix the problem - I use it and it is usefull and safe (in my experience). Before returning the board, if nothing else works, try reseting or reinstalling windows (the atom bomb solution)

New ROGer Array

thanks for the reply I have uninstalled, and re-installed windows 7, 8.1, and 10. none of them work. i am using OS specific drivers, which are all on the disk, and the websites. i would use Driver Booster but i don't have internet on that specific pc. The just is, i have tried what you said, and though i am thankful for the suggestions none of them are helping. just install windows 7 again so if anyone can help i am on a fresh install.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array drop4205 PC Specs
    drop4205 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)What are laptops
    MotherboardMaximus XI Formula
    ProcessorI9-9900K
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z F4-3200C14-32GYZR
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia Reference RTX2080TI
    Graphics Card #2ha I wish
    Graphics Card #3ha I wish
    Graphics Card #4ha I wish
    Sound Cardha I wish
    MonitorMSI Oculux-NXG251R
    Storage #1Samsung970 EVO Plus 1T
    CPU CoolerHeatkiller
    CasePhantex Evolove X
    Power SupplySessonic Prime Titanium 850
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ROG Gladius II
    Headset Astro A40
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Astro A40TR
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    Accessory #1 Ek GPU Block
    Accessory #2 EK SE 360 Rad, EK PE 360 Rad
    Accessory #3 EK D5 Vario 140 Pump/Res

This is the lan driver I put on my x99 board but its for windows 10. Its version 20.4.1 on intel site
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...for-Windows-10
    Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, ROG Strix Flare keyboard, ROG Gladius II