cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIII Hero Microphonejack consistent noise

neo243
Level 7
Hi Guys,

i got a problem with my new Asus ROG Z170.
When I'm talking in any Game Teamspeak etc. there is a consistent noise and it's very annoying for everyone. (My old z87 Asus Deluxe didn't had this problem)
Is there a way to fix this?
Hardware Info:
I7-6700k
16GB DDR4 3200 G.SKill Black
Asus Strix Oc GTX 980Ti
Windows 10 all updates installed
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7629

Greetings Neo
10 REPLIES 10

Jaws_AT
Level 7
I am experiencing the exact same problem... any ideas?

Nate152
Hey guys !

Have you installed sonic studio II? There are some settings in there to play with for your microphone.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey guys !

Have you installed sonic studio II? There are some settings in there to play with for your microphone.

with and without 😕

Nate152
What kind of noise are you guys getting ? Be a little more specific please. I'm using the Plantronics gamecom 380 with no problems.

Chino
Level 15

on both i got this noise :/.

scarystuff
Level 7
I also have much noise on microphone input. Tried different mics with same result. The sonic suite program can filter the noise, but then you sound like a robot instead and people complain on TS. I had to use my old logitech 430 usb adapter as mic input, since ASUS still hasn't fixed this issue. I bought the VIII Hero after I read in reviews that it had the best sound on any motherboard. I guess those reviewers didn't test the mic input. 😕

neo243
Level 7
I'm also using now a dedicated soundcard with no errors

Legolas
Level 9
Did you install latest driver online, please? I would do a search in Windows -> set up microphone
Also, go to Manage Sound -> Recording -> Properties on your microphone -> Levels -> adjust to a nice level (not too high or you will hear static)

Unplug microphone and plug it back in and make sure it is properly connected
Sincerely,
Legolas