Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

Still waiting for the RAM I ordered to arrive... if it doesn't run with the original stick ill be buying another stick of the same brand and replace the stock stick. In other news, I've been browsing the SSD forums here for my GL752VW laptop and it looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TGIVZTW/ref=cm_sw_su_dp SSD drive will be compatible. Any suggestions or concerns with this SSD being slipped into the open slot? I'm not sure if SSDs are plug and play or if i need to go through more steps.

ROG Member Array

I'm happy to report that the G Skill stick you recommended works great! It plays well with the original stick! It just came in today and it was plug and play dual channel! I appreciate all the help, thanks!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Warzy View Post
    I'm happy to report that the G Skill stick you recommended works great! It plays well with the original stick! It just came in today and it was plug and play dual channel! I appreciate all the help, thanks!
    I can confirm the SSD you linked goes smooth on the GL752, I'm on it right now. Plug, get to windows, clone HDD to the SSD with Macrium Tool or equivalent, turn off, start windows by the SSD, format HDD. There're plenty of threads for the GL552, you can follow the same steps.

Would you link the RAM you are talking about? Really interested on that! Thanks

ROG Member Array

This is the RAM I purchased that is plug and play with the stock ram:
    http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=...5-36&prop_19=0
    I bought the single 8GB 'RIPJAWS' stick and popped it into the #2 slot in the back, instantly booted up and was recognized.
    As for the retailer, I just copy and pasted the product code of the RAM into Newegg.com's search engine and bought it from there.

As for the SSD I linked, thanks for the confirmation that it works... How come most threats are warning against buying that one saying "SATA" isn't great? Also, did you get the 250gb model or larger? Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

This is the RAM I purchased that is plug and play with the stock ram:
    http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=...5-36&prop_19=0
    I bought the single 8GB 'RIPJAWS' stick and popped it into the #2 slot in the back, instantly booted up and was recognized.
    As for the retailer, I just copy and pasted the product code of the RAM into Newegg.com's search engine and bought it from there.

As for the SSD I linked, thanks for the confirmation that it works... How come most threats are warning against buying that one saying "SATA" isn't great? Also, did you get the 250gb model or larger? Thanks.
    Thank you so much.

As for the SSD; there was a lot of uncertainty because this GL552 & 752 models were just released one or two months ago, and asus was changing even the users manual on the issue of the compatible protocol of the M.2 bay. Some said PCIE, some other SATA, even some others said NVME. Finally we can confirm this bay works perfectly fine with SATA3. Maybe it's not the optimal connection, but it's giving an amazing speed, at least for me. I chose the 256GB model (it ends being 232 real GB). Be aware with this as it's been told somewhere that this bay only supports SSD up to 250GB, maybe the 512gb model does not work. You could research a bit, don't know if it's been discussed before

ROG Member Array

The Asus FAQ for the GL752VW says

What type of M.2 SSD does GL752 series support in North America?

US version GL752 series support SATA3

Canada version GL752 series support PCIE Gen3x4

I live in Canada.. Does that mean it will only support PCIE? Why do they have to be difficult like that?

ROG Enthusiast Array

The Asus FAQ for the GL752VW says

What type of M.2 SSD does GL752 series support in North America?

US version GL752 series support SATA3

Canada version GL752 series support PCIE Gen3x4

I live in Canada.. Does that mean it will only support PCIE? Why do they have to be difficult like that?
    I'm pretty sure it only supports SATA3 no matter the region. Anyway, there's nothing sure in life but death so... Maybe you can get one from a store with a nice returns policy and do the test

As RAM upgrade, finally I found 2 x8gb ddr4, same part number as original 8gb inside(Samsung), work ok(funny that was 30% more cheap than the first pair of Corsair I tested)...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok, i just got the RAM I ordered, 2x8GB Corsaire Value select (exact model number: CMSO16GX4M2A2133C15) Can confirm it works well, no problems at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4