cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix raid DLX No power message!

Abbardente
Level 7
Hi everyone,

So i recently purchased a Asus Strix Raid DLX .

The issue with it is, I cannot install the driver as there is a fatal error which says External power doesn't plug into Xonar Strix sound card!

My Diagnosis :

Checked the sound card, it is running, lighted up and all.

I have Windows7-64bit, Corsair HX750W, gtx970,16GbRam,i7-2600k, Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3,SSD 850evo 500Gb... power supply which is more than enough to handle a new sound card. I have swapped the sound card to different PCI-E slots and it has the same problem, installed the card on 3 separate computers with different motherboard and still had the same issue.

I used the CD-rom version and the drivers downloaded from the website and all had the same error.
8 REPLIES 8

InternetOwl
Level 8
Okay I apologize if this is a stupid question, but you do have the card hooked to the six pin PSU cable, right? It's not just running off the PCI-e slot? Again sorry, but your post read like maybe you hadn't.

InternetOwl wrote:
Okay I apologize if this is a stupid question, but you do have the card hooked to the six pin PSU cable, right? It's not just running off the PCI-e slot? Again sorry, but your post read like maybe you hadn't.

yes i did. i have a corsair hx750w with 4 six pin cable so 2 for gtx970 and 2 free

Sorry, I know it was a dumb question. Think you're going to have to try tech support because that is a strange issue. The cards getting power like you said but there has to be something on it telling the drivers its not. Might be RMA time.

I have the same issue with Asus Strix Raid DLX.
I have power cable connected.
Can't install driver under windows 10 x64. "No power" error always appears.

But I have tried to install the sound card into another PCs with Windows 7 x64 and there situation is different. (Tried on 2 Win7 x64 PCs. Same situation on both.)
So on win7:
1st installation attempt - no power,
2nd attempt - installation proceeds further but freezes on "installing KB3033929" and after waiting for an hour i close the installation,
3nd attempt - everything installing without errors and works ok.

So i can somehow use the sound card on windows 7 pc, but i need to use it on windows 10. Any suggestions or ideas?

Sorry for my bad english.

first post here, im Marc hi! excuse me for the bad Englisch aswell but heres my prob:

i got simular problems like above, first..the card was not "recognized" (yes and no) by Windows 10 X64 (all other hardware i buildin does 😮 ),
light of the card is burning orange (some sort of status i think, it has power) but in the middle of the install it stops and gives this
message: ' External power doesn't plug into Xonar Strix sound card! '

Searched a little further on my computer and noticed that there is a 'unknown device' in the list from the hardware manager, i presume thats the card.
Windows Update did found a driver thats refering to a A-Volute - Audio Device - ASUS XONAR SC200 AUDIO DEVICE....so now im confused!

my setup: Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mk1, Intel i7 6700k, Corsair DDR4 16Gb, Asus MatriX GTX 980 Ti, Samsung 850 Evo 256Gb, Samsung 850 Evo 512Gb,
Corsair Vengeance C70, Coolermaster Vanguard V850, Windows 10 X64

please can someone help!

I found a solution on windows 10.
Just uninstall USB 3.0 drivers provided with your motherboard and use the default driver included in windows. Sound card detecting and driver installing without any problems with these default USB drivers.

Irisfar wrote:
I found a solution on windows 10.
Just uninstall USB 3.0 drivers provided with your motherboard and use the default driver included in windows. Sound card detecting and driver installing without any problems with these default USB drivers.

it worked! thank you!

It didn't work for me. Anyone else found a way to make this card work when it isn't detected?