cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games keep crashing/closing for no reason.

kurochi
Level 7
I recently bought an Asus ROG G20aj, the i5 one, two weeks ago. For the first couple of days, it was doing fine and dandy, no problems whatsoever. By the time it was about a week, the screen started flickering from the game to the desktop, and if I clicked the mouse a bit too fast, it would also close the game. I never had this problem with my previous Asus laptop.

The games I mostly play are MMOs - World of Warcraft, TERA, and Blade&Soul. They're all on full screen mode as well. It gets really annoying and frustrating, especially when I'm raiding and have to click multiple times to heal the raid members.

Can someone help ? 😧
4 REPLIES 4

Nerkatron
Level 7
I had some problems when playing MMO's such as Tera and Blade and Soul. Blade and Soul is non to have alot of problems with the Asus computers My problem was that when i tried to play BNS about 5mins that if im lucky i couldnt even get pass lvl 1 my whole computer would freeze my screen would go black,white,blue,yellow. also had the same problem with Tera not as bad as it was on BNS tho. i pretty much gave up on trying to fix this problem till 1 day i thought i wonder if i try it on my big TV screen and not once did my computer freeze on BNS so i thought well in that case maybe its the HDMI since my computer was running on DVI and my TV HDMI i finally hooked my PC up to HDMI and again not had a problem yet finallu got pass lvl 1 on BNS without any problems. So if you aint got HDMI plugged in i would give that ago

I already have it plugged by HDMI 😞 I'll try the other and see if that helps.
Thanks for your reply!!

I have had freezing with Blade and Soul, due to the GPU overheating for some reason, much more than other games. Manually setting the GPU fan to high helps a lot, and if you underclock the GPU and memory by 25% it helps more, without much of an impact on frame rates if you optimize in the advanced graphics settings menu panel for combat rather than character graphic details. I have tried several programs for the altered settings, currently using http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
yeah try turning wow settings to low, and make sure you have afterburner open in the background, the gpu runs quite high, I did some test video on wow and my gpu went in the 90's, if afterburner isn't open then the graphics drivers will start to crash. let me know if this helps?