cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Intel XTU allows 2 bins for G751 / i7-4710HQ

Edweird
Level 10
Hey, guys.

So in the i7-4720HQ thread >here< Antoine supposedly came across something interesting.
All I had to do was install XTU 6.0.2.8 (which had to be done manually, since XTU itself didn't recognize the new version) and voila. 3.5 > 3.7GHz. Haven't done any benchmarks yet, but there you have it.

Previously, this wasn't possible with firmware over version 202, though I have not tested older versions of XTU for it...since, apparently, this version bypasses whatever changes ASUS might have made. Thanks, Intel?
No troubles so far with it ... an extra 100MHz is an extra 100MHz. Dunno what changed.
I imagine this would work for all G751s. Have a go I guess, not much to lose.
No problems with Watchdog, either. Running firmware ver. 207 and Win10. warryabel thinks it won't work on Win8?
93 REPLIES 93

warryabel
Level 7
Edweird wrote:
Hey, guys.

So in the i7-4720HQ thread >here< Antoine supposedly came across something interesting.
All I had to do was install XTU 6.0.2.8 (which had to be done manually, since XTU itself didn't recognize the new version) and voila. 3.5 > 3.7GHz. Haven't done any benchmarks yet, but there you have it.

Previously, this wasn't possible with firmware over version 202, though I have not tested older versions of XTU for it...since, apparently, this version bypasses whatever changes ASUS might have made. Thanks, Intel?
No troubles so far with it ... an extra 100MHz is an extra 100MHz. Dunno what changed.
No problems with Watchdog, either. Running firmware ver. 207.

running 211 installed today xtu 6.0.2.8 can not raise multi to 38x on win8.1

Edweird
Level 10
I should say that I installed 6.0.2.8 over previous version while it was still running and it gave me an error saying install can't be completed, restart is needed ... didn't look like normal restart prompt, had an error code for it. Restarted and there it was...

This CPU is a 4710, yours must be a 4720, then.

warryabel
Level 7
i think the point is win 8.1/10 have uninstalled newest 6.0.2.8 reboot-installed asus orginal xtu...and forced installation over asus orginal xtu! without reboot cant see 38x on win8.1....i should be lucky had my rma back...lol
ok last try was fine...the only thing was a last reboot after i installed over...now my watchdog is not present but i have max multi 38 unlocked veryfied by throttlewatch!
thx for work...but how get i wdt back? the funny is xtu is useless now...if i open it the multi goes down to37x and in xtu is showed max.37 but
when xtu is closed i can raise multi to 38x an the clocks goes above 3,7ghz???? upload of picture in forum failed...no plan why

andreacos92
Level 9
Do you remember what version you had before updating to 6.0.2.8?

Here there are all the version of XTU.. but if I try updating from a previous version to the latest, it request to uninstall the old version and then install the latest.. I have i7-4710 and w8.1 with 211 Bios.
http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=150700

warryabel
Level 7
1.uninstall previous...2. reboot and install orginasl asus xtu from support folder and reboot 3.install newest 6.0.2.8 over orginal and then in my case i must make reboot! 4. raise multi in throttlewatch on max and set all performance settings to high! but when you open xtu see your max.multi goes down and when close xtu it goes up....?
running fine on 4720 with 3794mhz

warryabel
Level 7

andreacos92
Level 9
I'll give it a try.. but I have no Support folder (maybe I deleted it :confused: )

On Asus download page I found only Intel CPPC and Intel Management Engine, but no Intel XTU.

antoine52200
Level 8
Edweird wrote:
Hey, guys.

No problems with Watchdog, either. Running firmware ver. 207 and Win10. warryabel thinks it won't work on Win8?

Still the same issue is to get WDT working again, because if you don't really know how far you can go, you gonna brick your laptop..

I'm gonna try again installing it your way, but everytime i did, it didn't work or it did but didn't load the overclock on boot, i had to load profile at every boot..

I managed to get it to load profile at every boot but, WDT is pissing me off, and a MUST have when overclocking laptop CPUs

antoine52200 wrote:
Still the same issue is to get WDT working again, because if you don't really know how far you can go, you gonna brick your laptop..

I'm gonna try again installing it your way, but everytime i did, it didn't work or it did but didn't load the overclock on boot, i had to load profile at every boot..

I managed to get it to load profile at every boot but, WDT is pissing me off, and a MUST have when overclocking laptop CPUs

what does wdt? i dont mess with ram timings or bclk the other stuff is unrelated to wdt i think