cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT Left side fan keeps turning on and off!

drummerdimitri
Level 7
So my fan has been behaving in a weird way by turning on and off constantly sometimes turning on for a second and staying off for like 3.

What is it doing that? It's bothering me so much because I am always aware of it happening.

Anyone else has the same problem?
5 REPLIES 5

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Loose connection inside the machine? How are you "aware" of it? I cant notice the fans at all inside these machines.

Clintlgm
Level 14
What are you Loads and temps CPU and GPU doing when this happens? You might load up Hwinfo64 sensors only and leave it running so that you can see if the temps are going up causing the fan speed to increase.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
What are you Loads and temps CPU and GPU doing when this happens? You might load up Hwinfo64 sensors only and leave it running so that you can see if the temps are going up causing the fan speed to increase.

So the cpu fan speed is very sensitive to quick rises in temperature so whenever there is a load it just seems to ramp up to max speed and turn back off when the load is decreased.

Shouldn't it be much more gradual and smooth? It seems like it's either on or off most of the time so is it possible to fix the fan profile like on desktop pcs?

So your idle CPU Temp and Fan speeds are what. What you describe is normal, your fan speeds will increase with higher temp. That you are hearing them tells me either you have very sensitive hearing or perhaps your fan is in some kind of a bind creating the noise. for the most part these notebooks are pretty much silent even at max fan speed of 3500 RPM. You now know how to analyze your notebook. If your CPU Temps are jumping from 40 C Idle to 80C with load very quickly you probably have a pasting issue. If your hearing your fan at 60C and 3000 RPM you probably have a fan issue
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

krle752
Level 7
drummerdimitri wrote:
So my fan has been behaving in a weird way by turning on and off constantly sometimes turning on for a second and staying off for like 3.

What is it doing that? It's bothering me so much because I am always aware of it happening.

Anyone else has the same problem?

Maybe hard reset will help. try to unplug everything from computer and hold power button for 15sec until computer force shutdown.
I have similar problem,gpu fun start working on full speed and gpu was on idle, I restart computer and speed was the same until i force shutdown.
after that its normal. also to mention when that problem (gpu fan,right side) start to appear i was using NoteBook FanControl and maybe he is responsible for that.
This is temperature from aida 64 in different state of system stability test. Maybe this will help you to compare whit your computer.