cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) problem

V1lle
Level 7
Hi guys,
I recently grabbed this game from Origin because it was there for free.
Unfortunately the game is not working when using Xonar Phoebus sound card. I called to EA customer service and we discovered that sound card is causing that game is not starting. Game freezes when I start it right after the loading screen. Game also don't have a sounds in the loading screen. When I stop the Asus sound card and connect for example bluetooth headset, the works just fine.
Does anyone have solution for this or experiencin same problems?
I've found that there's a lot similar situations over the internet but no one really doesn't know the solution.
I'd really like to hear what Asus has to say about this.
Cheers.
6 REPLIES 6

Florin
Level 7
You resolve this by simply putting the game in Run as administrator mode.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Florin wrote:
You resolve this by simply putting the game in Run as administrator mode.

It's working sometimes when running it as admin. And when it does, there is no sound at all and the game will stuck when I choose "quit", only way to shut it is to close it from the task manager.
As I said, working fine with Phoebus disabled.

V1lle
Level 7
It's working sometimes when running it as admin. And when it does, there is no sound at all and the game will stuck when I choose "quit", only way to shut it is to close it from the task manager.
As I said, working fine with Phoebus disabled.

Sneeky
Level 7
works fine for me , phoebus solo latest win 10 driver

Sneeky wrote:
works fine for me , phoebus solo latest win 10 driver

Interesting...do you have DDL? If I disable my asus and run the game and then put it back on game works fine, no sounds though.

ishaqrehmani
Level 7

Complex games offer tutorials and in-game aid. Most games just include some "tutorial" missions.

thegamerpc.net