cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 Sleep Mode Causes Full Restart

JT1
Level 7
Hi,

My G751 came with the free upgrade to Windows 10, which went smoothly. Just a couple of weeks ago - long after I upgraded it - my laptop stopped coming back from Sleep Mode. Instead, it's as though it was shut down completely.

How can I recover Sleep Mode?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Gps3dx
Level 12
JT1 wrote:
Hi,

My G751 came with the free upgrade to Windows 10, which went smoothly. Just a couple of weeks ago - long after I upgraded it - my laptop stopped coming back from Sleep Mode. Instead, it's as though it was shut down completely.

How can I recover Sleep Mode?

Thanks!

@JT1 - Please note that the fix is publish all over the sub-forum, thus starting a new thread isn't required at all.

But I hope that you can help me and the community BEFORE you apply that fix:
I need your BCD file please. -> I think That is the root cause of the issue - but I need a BCD file of a user that haven't fixed his/her windows.

The Easiest way to get that file is to download the portable app ( no installation required ) from HERE named BOOTICE.
extract the file and run the exe -> select BCD EDIT TAB -> make sure "BCD OF CURRENT SYSTEM" is selected, then -> press EASY MODE -> DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING | press Backup BCD button in the lower let part of the app -> save the file somewhere you know so you can upload it later here in the thread.
When you finish just close BOOTICE WITHOUT changing anything ( just press exit each screen ).

Thanks.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

I did the BCD backup and saved the file but the Forum isn't letting me upload it here (it says "invalid file") - what next?

Thanks for your attention to this problem!

JT1 wrote:
I did the BCD backup and saved the file but the Forum isn't letting me upload it here (it says "invalid file") - what next?
Thanks for your attention to this problem!

My pleasure... that's why this forum exist - to help each other.
you can upload the BCD file ( preferebly compressed (ZIP/RAR/7Z/ETC.. ) as some sites don't allow to upload weird files like BCD ) to some uploading site like ZIPPYSHARE or any other.
After upload just direct us to the specific download page page that these site gives you.

Much obliged.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]