cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gaming while charging??

Ahmed1997
Level 7
hello guys
I have g551 laptop and I want some answers about gaming while charging the battery.
does that will reduce battery life and should i remove the battery?
if the charging was 100 its ok to continue gaming ??
please help me guys
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Shouldn't matter.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Shouldn't matter.

THX for your reply but i noticed that the battery continue charging after full charge is that OK or the battery should stop charging

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
What about non-grounded outlets? Any danger to hardware there? Tryed to search but couldn't find a straight answer.

Ahmed1997 wrote:

I have g551 laptop and I want some answers about gaming while charging the battery.
does that will reduce battery life and should i remove the battery?

Weirdoutworld wrote:
What about non-grounded outlets? Any danger to hardware there? Tryed to search but couldn't find a straight answer.

There is one site that I know that covers the answer in a very deep manner ( yes, you can skip to the end for the recommendations )
One page about it is HERE and also HERE.

Also note that laptop manufacturer's recommendation ( if there are at all ) doesn't mean they want you to have the longest life possible as first priority in mind.
after all they aren't charity organizations and want you to buy from them again... the sooner as possible ( so that is why it is a good idea to learn how to prolong battery life from other sources ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

JustinThyme
Level 13
The fact that the laptop has an external power supply the worst you will get from that wouldn't matter it'll it was grounded or not. A nice surge would take out the power supply. The ground actually is isolated from the output of the power supply, the negative side is isolated from the ground by two capacitors. Reverse polarity would put the hot side going through those two capacitors and pass it on to the negative terminal in he laptop causing a little tingle action going on with metal parts. If you feel that just flip the plug in the outlet. Grounded plugs on laptop power supplies is actually a fairly new development. Wasn't that long ago they all had just to prongs.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein