cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 Need Driver Help Please!

aaroncrow
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone to tell me the proper driver order or if I am missing any drivers for my Motherboard install.

RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 Running Windows 10 64Bit Pro

Here are the drivers I installed in the same exact order:

#1: Intel_Chipset_Win7-8-81-10_Vv10128
#2: MEI_V11_0_0_1155_20150709_WHQL_1-5M
#3: Asmedia_USB3-31_Win7-8-8-10_V116240_V116261
#4: RAID_AHCI_Win7-8-81-10_V13101058_Vv14501081
#5: Asmedia_Win7-8-81-10_VER3160
#6: Bluetooth_Win7-8-81-10_V6516680_12009860-670-650
#7: Audio_V6_0_1_7571_WHQL_R5E
#8: LAN_V20_1_2019_0_WHQL
#9: WIFI_Win10_V6_34_223_5

Last Step - Windows Updates until it tells me I am up to date.

Device Manager Shows No Drivers Needed.

I keep running into an issue where it seems like my wireless Keyboard keeps freezing for a few seconds. So I am curious if I missed something? I did download the Logitech drivers if that helps. Something just seems off.

Firefox doesn't seem to respond well (Yes I know some hate Firefox, so please help, don't just reply to rag on me 🙂 ) I close it down and then it doesn't want to open again for about 30 seconds.

Finally when I go to click a program to open it doesn't seem to respond. I have to click on it again.

I greatly appreciate any advice and time it takes for someone to reply. Am I missing a driver? A step? or both? Please help!

Here is the link to the Motherboard Drivers: Again Windows 10 64Bit
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREMEU31/HelpDesk_Download/

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hello aaroncrow, welcome to the ROG forum.

You might want to try a wired keyboard to see if the problem still persists, it could be compatibility with the wireless keyboard. You could try updating the firmware for your keyboard.

You can also reset the bios to defaults and try your keyboard in different usb ports.

If none of the above helps and it's not too big of a deal you can try reinstalling windows and start from scratch. Install the lan driver from the motherboard disk and go to the page you linked.

1) Install the chipset driver.
2) Install the MEI driver listed with the chipset driver.
3) Install the USB Asmedia 3.1 driver.
4) If you're not using Raid you can skip the Raid driver. If you are using raid there is a guide you can follow for installing windows in Raid mode.
5) Install the Asmedia sata driver for optical drives or HDD's.
6) If you're using a blue tooth device install the blue tooth driver, if not skip it.
7) if you're using the audio jacks on the motherboard install the realtek audio driver.
😎 Skip the Lan driver as you've installed it from the motherboard disk.
9) if you will be using wifi install the wifi driver, if not you can skip this.

The latest drivers are listed at the top of the drop down menus.

After this install the graphics driver then run windows update.

Raid guide.

Under comments are the directions for installing windows in raid mode, it's for the rampage iv boards but everything still applies.

http://rog.asus.com/77402012/rampage-motherboards/what-is-raid-setup-guide/

Chino
Level 15