cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing my first rma experience

insiZion1
Level 8
Just thought I'd share my first RMA experience with you all.
Had an issue with my screen ,colour had changed to a washed out pink and there were ghost images of any window that I would close.
Phoned and spoke to support on Monday 1st Feb. That evening I receive mail that laptop would be collected for rma following day.
11am on the next day picked up by DPD.
1 week on...I received my laptop Tuesday 9th 11 am with brand new screen. However, on inspection I feared my case had been damaged as there were loads of marks on the lid.. a bit of warm water and a rag and and it was all cleaned off. (surprised it was allowed to be sent out in such a state). Apart from this the machine is back home with me running sweet as before. Not sure what everyone else's experience has been like but mine here in the uk has been great.

All the best J
3 REPLIES 3

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG insiZion1 ..

It happens ... every once in a while, we so often hear about the flawless screwups
that we forget about the many horror stories like yours. My apologies.
This sucks, I am so sorry.
To find no damage after a few wipes of a cloth, disgusting.
I don't know what those 'people' do there, or where they get them
from, standing out in front of a home improvement center with a coffee I guess.
Well all you can do now is grin and ROG'it !!
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and being so understanding.

Best of Luck, Please keep us posted. .c.

Edweird
Level 10
I had my G751 warranty serviced by a local reseller and it came back flawless and with a new mobo that had the M.2 connector added, so I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Depends on who the machine goes to for repairs.

These guys actually called me over the phone to ask me what kind of performance I was getting out of it and if they could use my Windows installation to make performance checks on it. 🙂

JustinThyme
Level 13
Thanks for sharing a positive experience, except of course the needed washing. Its not too often that people bother share this. Most that have no issues and receive good service never post about it so all we get to hear is bad experiences that are largely dramatized for effect. :cool:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein