cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will upgrading all my G751JY ram void my warrenty?

cuniac
Level 7
I have the G751JY and I was thinking about upgrading all the ram, even the ram under the keyboard. I know how to do this but if I do is this going to void my warranty?
3 REPLIES 3

thetanaz
Level 7
I completely disassembled mine and there was no warranty sticker whatsoever.I have to mention though that it had it's fans and display changed under warranty policy so it has been previously opened by an authorized ASUS repair center so I don't know if any stickers were present beforehand.So in my case I don't think they can prove in any way that I have opened it up.I don't think they put stickers because it is quite hard to disassemble if you are not good with your hands and have a proper set of tools so they just naturally assume nobody would bother.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Only if you leave tracks or cause a failure that can be directly linked to that. By the book though, opening anything other than the user upgrade-able service bay voids the warranty.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

thetanaz
Level 7
And another very important tip:
Sort your screws properly and take photos if necessary because even if you only open up the keyboard there's still A TON of screws and they are 3-4 different sizes.