cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My air cooled beast

OBMF_R5E5960X
Level 7
My build is pretty much done, so I thought you guys might appreciate a few pics. Not as fancy or as pretty as some of the custom liquid cooled rigs but I like it.

Win 10 pro
Intel I7 5960X
Asus ROG Rampage 5 Extreme
Asus ROG Matrix 980-TI = 2 way SLI
32gb Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR4
Intel 730 480gb x2 RAID 0 System
WD Black 4tb Storage
CM Cosmos 2
Noctua NH-D15S cooler and case fans

7 REPLIES 7

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG @ OBMF_R5E5960X
BEAST is Right !!! A real ROG beauty.
Awesome attention to detail.

Just keep an eye on your temps and ROGon !!! .c.

OBMF_R5E5960X
Level 7
Thank you, runs extremely quiet and cool very happy with it

Chino
Level 15

I have thought about it a lot actually, the reasons I have so decided against them are the fans on the cooler NF-A15 PWM are not available in a IPPC virsion, the system runs so cool as it is I just don't need the extra 500 - 700 rpms, and last the red vibration pad came out after it was all put together. I do think it would look better as I'm not a huge fan of the Noctua colors but it has grown on me a little and at least people who know PC components know I didn't just fill my rig with cheap $5 fans with an LED. I would say it was function and quality over aesthetics.

SinisterDev85
Level 11
That's one sexy beast!
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

quark54
Level 8
It is a beast, and hate to be negative, but all those extra fans shouldn't make much difference to CPU temperature. Have you compared the set up to just one or two fans?

The velocity of the air that passes through the heat sink remains the same, thus cooling is barely affected. You do get a slight drop in temperature though, as a result of slightly higher static pressure.

For example, the NH-D15S has only one fan, but the CPU temp increases by a mere 2 degrees. That's right, all this time, we Noctua fans have been running with two fans for only 2 degrees cooler temps. Pointless. Precisely why for my Skylake build I went for the NH-D15S.

I'd guess your set up with three fans instead of one, would equate to just 4 degrees cooler under load.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I like it!

I presume you had to nail it to the floor before starting it up 😉