cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please my g74sx bbk7 takes multiple tries to boot

biggerEthanyou
Level 7
I had some sort of crash awhile back and someone fixed it for me it works fine for the most part except now my computer has to try to boot three times before actually launching windows. It powers up shows the Asus logo then a screen with a black box then powers down powers back up shows Asus logo then widows logo then powers down then shows both again and starts widows after a long wait in a black screen any help would be very nice
3 REPLIES 3

biggerEthanyou
Level 7
Also my fn combo keys aren't working. Like the ones for volume up and down or keyboard back lights etc

JustinThyme
Level 13
My bet is your spinner has had it. Id clone that to a new SSD. I put a 512GB 850 Pro in my old G74SX and gave it new life, works better than ever.

After you get the drive situation straight, sooner rather than later, you can download and reinstall the ATK drivers from ASUS website.
Ive upgraded mine to Win10 pro. Wifey and Daughter use it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Miliano
Level 9
as Justin said, check your Hard drive for errors. may need replacing. plenty of guides on the net.

do you have a windows installion disk/usb? if so, set it as your boot drive in bios (tapping either F2 or DEL or F11 or F12 repeatedly when ASUS logo appears) and try startup repair.

And your FN keys/Backlit keyboard lights problem is from either not having the ATK driver installed, or your Intel Management Engine Interface driver is not right (i had this problem caused from Intels latest driver is crap and Win10 auto installs it)
if you have the ATK installed, try go to device manager/ system devices/ Right click Intel Management Engine Interface/ properties/ uninstall driver, then reboot. if no joy and Win 10, you may manually install the right driver, but first you need to set windows NOT to manage the drivers. (not recommended if you dont know how to install drivers for your system manually)