cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 G-Sync UpGrade Program

toronto699
Level 13
I asked a Research Team at CBC TV { Market Place Team} where I work to look into the Asus G-Sync Program , they tell me there is no postings on AsusTwitter , AsusTek Computer Inc, AsusRog.com , Asus Face Book , Asus YouTube , or any Asus Forums except this one and receive no replys in their postings from Asus. Email and phone conversations from Asus Support Canada , Asus Support USA they received says there is No G-Sync Upgrade for Asus Laptops that do not support G-Sync. But in their conversation with Asus Service Centre In Toronto ca say there is an upgrade program , but can only be fulfilled through Asus Technical Support. Emails Sent To Head of Marketing for Asus Canada USA and VP of Asus Canada USA , received No Reply after 3 days Nor Did Asus Marketing or the VP of Asus USA Canada Return Calls Left by the CBC Market Place Team. The CBC TV Market Place Team is now in the process Of making this a News Story In Canada With a Global Reach {World Wide} .CBC News Reports Asus HQ In Taiwan is Closed Due To Chinese New Year. Any G751 owners that would like to Participate in the CBC Market Place Story please contact Market Place Here Country of Origin Is Unimportant. Market Place Is Relentless. Its Worth Your Time
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/contactus/
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
I got My 3rd G-Sync Upgrade refusal today from Asus Technical Support. They say There is No G-Sync Upgrade For G751 and to not send any more G-Sync Requests To Asus Technical Support they will no longer reply to my Request.

joshindaphils
Level 11
Bahz wrote:
UPDATE:
On behalf of ASUS and ROG I would like apologize for all the confusion caused. I can guarantee to all of you that this upgrade program is indeed legitimate. A program of this magnitude which didn't exclude any countries to begin with has its difficulties because to my knowledge we've never done anything like this before. As some of you mentioned I'm simply a messenger and I was told that all regions were notified of this program and to post it up, however after the first day we found out that this wasn't the case. We originally delayed the announcement by another week so we can notify all the service teams for all regions, but in the end we realized this still wasn't sufficient. We are working hard to communicate and make sure all our customer service teams and call centers around the globe are fully aware of this program, and during this time we ask that you please be patient with us and please try again in one week. If after one week and you are still getting a response that this program doesn't exist, please send me a PM and I will personally handle it and have one of our customer service representatives contact you. We apologize for the all inconveniences caused and thank you for your understanding.

For any existing owners of ROG G751JY/JT laptops (without G-SYNC) who are excited about the new G-SYNC feature, and are wondering if your laptop can be upgraded, ASUS ROG is making it possible! We are excited to offer you the G-SYNC upgrade for the low cost of only US$99 (cost does not include shipping and may vary slightly based on your region). The G-SYNC upgrade offer begins on February 1, 2016 and will end on May 1, 2016.

A hardware, firmware and software retrofit are necessary for your laptop to support G-SYNC. If you are interested in the retrofit service, please vote in the poll and contact our customer support with the following information and our local teams will be in touch (in order for your laptop to be sent in):

1. Your name
2. Country of residence
3. Your email address

Customer Support Link: https://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/QuestionForm?lang=en-us

In case you missed the update. I'm sure there is no grand conspiracy to not offer this upgrade...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Why are we starting another hate and discontent thread? Isnt there enough in the other one already?
This is still filtering down and CBC TV has precisely nothing to do with it. I'm not at all surprised that the exposure is limited as I was surprised that they are offering it in the first place. Be patient and watch the sticky.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

toronto699
Level 13
Its not hate or any such nonsense Far from it , I read the update by Asus Rep Bahz in the G751 G-Sync thread, No one has received confirmation or approval Of G-Sync Upgrade , everone who has received a reply from ASUS has been denied the G-Sync upgrade so far. As for CBC TV they are consumer advocates maybe a little push to Asus is needed , Like Mr Holms says Do it Right or not at all. if u have nothing positive to contribute please ....
Soon intel will be implementing their own solution to G-Sync / Free-Sync {VBLANK}
UOT , SFXU

toronto699 wrote:
Its not hate or any such nonsense Far from it , I read the update by Asus Rep Bahz in the G751 G-Sync thread, No one has received confirmation or approval Of G-Sync Upgrade , everone who has received a reply from ASUS has been denied the G-Sync upgrade so far. As for CBC TV they are consumer advocates maybe a little push to Asus is needed , Like Mr Holms says Do it Right or not at all. if u have nothing positive to contribute please ....
Soon intel will be implementing their own solution to G-Sync / Free-Sync {VBLANK}
Harvard U , UOT , SFXU

This exact information is already in the sticky... all of it. It is a redundant thread and deserves closed.

I'm not sure of your intent, but is seems like you are just trying to stir the pot.

Contrary to your statement some have received positive replies, in the stickies thread...

Give it a break. Someone at your office doing 20min of googling does not constitute a noteworthy discovery and a redundant post.

Asus will get their crap together on this unique and perhaps one off type of effort, just give them the time. Bigish geographically despirse companies are not always efficient and sometimes make mistakes... News at 11!