cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW Bluetooth problem and Status_Device_Power_Failure error in Device Manager

denebwafu
Level 7
When I was trying to send photos from my phone to my GL552VW, I couldn't seem to find the bluetooth switch on this device. Then when I looked in device manager, it shows the intel driver bluetooth has a problem.

After checking and trying to update the driver, it said that it is the latest driver. Any solutions to this?

11 REPLIES 11

maf23
Level 7
Try Uninstalling and let Windows reinstall on reboot

maf23 wrote:
Try Uninstalling and let Windows reinstall on reboot

Hello there, I just did that too, but the reinstalled bluetooth still has the same problem.

Julskey
Level 10
Doesn't laptop's Bluetooth only support audio streaming and not file transfer?

JustinThyme
Level 13
This is a driver problem. ASUS does not make the card so their drivers are not always the best.
Im guessing you have the Intel 7260 wireless card as all the rest do. If so you can get wireless and BT driver here, note there are two differet packages, one is wireless and the other is bluetooth.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=ac+7260

Uninstall the current softrware package for this device first then install the new and reboot.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
This is a driver problem. ASUS does not make the card so their drivers are not always the best.
Im guessing you have the Intel 7260 wireless card as all the rest do. If so you can get wireless and BT driver here, note there are two differet packages, one is wireless and the other is bluetooth.

Uninstall the current softrware package for this device first then install the new and reboot.

Link not working, but I managed to get the latest intel drivers and they still wont work. there must be something more to this.

Same problem here, the bluetooth works normally with generic microsoft drivers, but I get the "device failed to start" error in Device Manager when I install Intel drivers. I tried: uninstalling and rebooting (and without rebooting), uninstalling wireless drivers and installing bluetooth drivers first (as a tech guy from intel recommended on their forums), installing an earlier driver version...

Anyway, if anyone has any more ideas I would appreciate the suggestions, if not, well, to all the guys with the same problem I suggest uninstalling the device (and deleting the driver software) and letting windows install its generic bluetooth drivers, as they will do the job just fine (as you can see on the screenshot) until we figure out a solution.

JustinThyme wrote:

Perfect your solution helped me 2 years later! Still same link 🙂 Thanks!

soc_frangis
Level 7
New Intel Driver for Bluetooth 19.60.0.3 and this happened again. I tried following the steps (completely uninstall device and drivers as well as removed the program through Add or Remove Programs).

Same ROG make/model. Anyone else experience this issue with recent updates? It happened after I got my June Win10 update. Tried rolling back drivers, removing, installing from Intel, etc. Nothing.

Any ideas much appreciated. Seems Intel can't roll out updates to their 7260 well. Note: Wireless AC still works fine, its just BT thats hosed.

King_Arthas
Level 7
In my case bluetooth disappear completely... in deceive manager It comes on usb device as Device descriptor request fail...

This is the famous Asus quality....