cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Backlight not working after back from Repair

Alpha17x
Level 7
Ages ago I sent my laptop off for repair and while the issue it had was fixed it came back with the keyboard backlight disabled permanently There were/are no settings for it in the bios (and I believe their used to be) and updating the atk package or reinstalling it does not work I even purchased a replacement keyboard and installed it myself; No back light. Everything else works, but not the back light

I tried to update the bios but it said something like 'Build date is too old' or something along those lines I think I was already at 223 or 233 (whatever it is) and was trying to update to the same version so maybe that was the cause of the error

Has anyone gotten this issue and managed to get the backlight working again? were backlight controls taken out of the bios in the most recent (and probably final) bios update?

Update: Downgraded bios: No change. I have confirmed that the backlight ribbon is connected securely and properly on both ends It does not appear to be damaged I have two keyboards to test with They both fail to initiate a backlight. There is no backlight during post at all.

I'm looking for a real solution to this and not just guess-work if anyone has one, please share.
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
If your motherboard was replaced, the repair technicians need to 'enable' the keyboard backlight function for your replacement motherboard (unfortunately, there isn't a way you can do this on your end as far as I know), so it's possible repair needs to fix this for you if they forgot to do this.

There's also a (small?) chance the keyboard backlight is just defective though, but either way ASUS repair should be able to solve it if you want to look into this.

Hope this helps.

Samtherecordman
Level 7
You need to download the driver from ASUS website for the Backlight to work on your keyboard .....

Its called ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities.

Link to support site under Utilities, should be the first one.

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/388/0/1/gkyI9iViQxXxueTd/30/

Reboot & Good Luck!!!

Sam