cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS STRIX 7.1 Serious Issues

EF8CELESTE
Level 7
I am at my wits end with this headset, it has been over 2 months with nothing but issues, they constantly just reset for no reason, they will start to slowly crackle louder and louder to the point where i feel like im going to get tinnitus, when they start to reset they constantly do it, just turn on and off, buzz, squeel, freeze my pc. asus support was ZERO help, told me they couldnt RMA because i didnt have the box, i tried to do a firmware update and it has failed and not it is a completely dead unit, just the red lights are on, no audio,.

i have windows 7 ultimate, i have deleted every other audio driver in the pc but they keep trying to reinstall when this shuts down, every time it resets it freezes the PC.

someone PLEASE tell me what i need to do to get these things to be even close to worth it at this point. i have all the files ready to do the firmware updates.

help me out please
5 REPLIES 5

rmcco74
Level 7
EF8CELESTE wrote:
I am at my wits end with this headset, it has been over 2 months with nothing but issues, they constantly just reset for no reason, they will start to slowly crackle louder and louder to the point where i feel like im going to get tinnitus, when they start to reset they constantly do it, just turn on and off, buzz, squeel, freeze my pc. asus support was ZERO help, told me they couldnt RMA because i didnt have the box, i tried to do a firmware update and it has failed and not it is a completely dead unit, just the red lights are on, no audio,.

i have windows 7 ultimate, i have deleted every other audio driver in the pc but they keep trying to reinstall when this shuts down, every time it resets it freezes the PC.

someone PLEASE tell me what i need to do to get these things to be even close to worth it at this point. i have all the files ready to do the firmware updates.

help me out please

Same thing here, Asus you need to stop ignoring us and fix our headsets free of charge, this is rediculous! There is no way I'm paying for S&H either as this seems to be a huge issue affecting a lot of your customers. Please fix our Strix 7.1 Headsets before our warranties run out and you ignore us. Thank you

Bahz
Level 12
I'm sorry that I missed this thread. Since the firmware failed, there's little that can be done afterwards. Have you guys tried contacting customer service for RMA?

Please provide more details and screenshots of the issue if you have it available and I'll pass all the info over to our audio team.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz
Level 12
Can everyone please share your full specifications along with OS?

It appears that this issue that's occurring for you guys isn't a problem that everyone else is experiencing. If I can gather more information back then we may have better idea on figuring out what's causing these issues.

Bahz wrote:
Can everyone please share your full specifications along with OS?

It appears that this issue that's occurring for you guys isn't a problem that everyone else is experiencing. If I can gather more information back then we may have better idea on figuring out what's causing these issues.

So is this still relevant. I mean like this thread is like 3 months old, but yeah my entire experience with this device has been a complete trainwreck. Games crashing because of it, youtube/facebook/vimeo/spotify video/songs not playing when it's plugged in and
when I unplug it the videos or songs starts right away.
Crackling noises, extremely stiff cable combined with its own will to twist itself together. I honestly don't know how it can be super stiff and twist itself together by its own will at the same time, **** beats me.
Not to mention the usb keeps disconnecting (this only happens to the headset/external soundcard. Not any of the other devices plugged in, and it's usually when the device disconnects that some of my games crash.
If I do not use the headset I never have any game crashes, so it's 90% sure that it's the external soundcard doing it.

eblausund wrote:
So is this still relevant. I mean like this thread is like 3 months old, but yeah my entire experience with this device has been a complete trainwreck. Games crashing because of it, youtube/facebook/vimeo/spotify video/songs not playing when it's plugged in and
when I unplug it the videos or songs starts right away.
Crackling noises, extremely stiff cable combined with its own will to twist itself together. I honestly don't know how it can be super stiff and twist itself together by its own will at the same time, **** beats me.
Not to mention the usb keeps disconnecting (this only happens to the headset/external soundcard. Not any of the other devices plugged in, and it's usually when the device disconnects that some of my games crash.
If I do not use the headset I never have any game crashes, so it's 90% sure that it's the external soundcard doing it.

Sorry but the description of the isuse, especially the part regarding the super stiff cable and twisting together thing is a bit confusing. The issues you have described aren't completely similar to the other reported cases. Have you considered contacting customer service to have the unit replaced? I can let you know that we have 2 units in our office and we tried to replicate the issues mentioned and we're not able to do so. In addtion based on the feedback from our customer service side, it seems like majority of the people who own this headset don't have any of these issues. We recommend that you RMA your headset first and see if the replacement headset still has the same problem.