cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 JY Battery 0% issue

dann006
Level 7
Hello, i'm having a problem with my laptop battery. It is stuck showing 0% available, plugged in charging but never charges. If it becomes unplugged the computer just shuts off. Also every once in a while it will only stay on for 60 seconds then go to sleep, even when the charger is plugged in, over and over again. The battery light on the front is just orange, sometimes blinking green.
I tried deleting the battery choice in device manager and let it reinstall but that doesn't fix it.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried calling ASUS and they just said I could send it in with a $800 estimate, can't do that.

Thank you

(EDIT) Ok I ran a bettery test as well.

NAME G751-60
MANUFACTURER ASUSTeK
SERIAL NUMBER -
CHEMISTRY LIon
DESIGN CAPACITY 90,000 mWh

FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 67,050 mWh
CYCLE COUNT -

Cycle count is zero? That isn't possible right? Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

mintys1
Level 7
Sounds like the battery has died....new from ebay is around £80...
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.

The main problem that I am seeing with the battery option I can find on Amazon is that it is not the the same capacity as the original battery. The G751 Comes with a 90 watt hour battery and the one on Amazon is 88...hype on Asus's part or an incorrect replacement?

P.S. I have the same problem with my G751-JT.

vempatyappu
Level 7
Guys do you remember the post by aeosilio? He suggested that we can replace/upgrade the battery with a custom build one. This is the post I'm referring to - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?75154-G751-Battery-upgrade-rebuild.
I messaged him if he can build one for me as mine has the same 0% percent problem. I'll let you guys know if he replies or I csuccesfully change the battery.

vempatyappu
Level 7
My laptop had the same problem of charging upto 84% and shutting down if the charger was removed. This happened after I sent it to RMA and they replaced my battery with a faulty one. I contacted aeolisio about the problem and he told me I had two options
1. Get a new battery and replace it as the current battery might have some damaged cells and causing the battery to fail. To check this you can always go to bios and try to start easy flash and it'll say there is no battery or battery should be at minimum of 20%.
2. Rebuild the current battery pack by changing the cells.

I also read some posts about holding the power button down for ten seconds solving the blinking battery indicator and the not fully charging problem for some people and it was same for me. But that lasted like a month and after that it got worse, the laptop lasted only 30-35 mins with 84% charging and eventually completely shutting down without direct power. Also the battery used to get super hot - another indicator of failed battery I think.

Worst case scenario your motherboard is faulty and it's causing the problem. But from what I observed in the forum everyone got this problem about the same time so it's probably because of a bios update. So, I sent the laptop to aeolisio and he checked my laptop battery and told me that the battery was indeed damaged.
He advised me that getting a new OEM battery is the safest thing to do as the current battery may have faulty wiring that caused it to fail in the first place. So I ordered a new battery and he replaced it. He was quiet patient with my questions even did a thermal repaste as I requested. I got my laptop back today and I have to say my temps are stable - from max 93 while gaming to 74 max and the battery is properly working (fully charged to 100% and no overheating). Now I could have get this done by sending it RMA but I'm out of warranty and I have no idea what more problems are gonna arise after sending it to RMA.
So, if there are any guys with G751 out of warranty and have a battery problem like mine you could either do the testing yourself or send it to aeolisio. You have to pay for his services though, but he's quiet reasonable. He lives in California, luckily around 6 miles from my place so the whole process was smooth.

vempatyappu wrote:
My laptop had the same problem of charging upto 84% and shutting down if the charger was removed. This happened after I sent it to RMA and they replaced my battery with a faulty one. I contacted aeolisio about the problem and he told me I had two options
1. Get a new battery and replace it as the current battery might have some damaged cells and causing the battery to fail. To check this you can always go to bios and try to start easy flash and it'll say there is no battery or battery should be at minimum of 20%.
2. Rebuild the current battery pack by changing the cells.

I also read some posts about holding the power button down for ten seconds solving the blinking battery indicator and the not fully charging problem for some people and it was same for me. But that lasted like a month and after that it got worse, the laptop lasted only 30-35 mins with 84% charging and eventually completely shutting down without direct power. Also the battery used to get super hot - another indicator of failed battery I think.

Worst case scenario your motherboard is faulty and it's causing the problem. But from what I observed in the forum everyone got this problem about the same time so it's probably because of a bios update. So, I sent the laptop to aeolisio and he checked my laptop battery and told me that the battery was indeed damaged.
He advised me that getting a new OEM battery is the safest thing to do as the current battery may have faulty wiring that caused it to fail in the first place. So I ordered a new battery and he replaced it. He was quiet patient with my questions even did a thermal repaste as I requested. I got my laptop back today and I have to say my temps are stable - from max 93 while gaming to 74 max and the battery is properly working (fully charged to 100% and no overheating). Now I could have get this done by sending it RMA but I'm out of warranty and I have no idea what more problems are gonna arise after sending it to RMA.
So, if there are any guys with G751 out of warranty and have a battery problem like mine you could either do the testing yourself or send it to aeolisio. You have to pay for his services though, but he's quiet reasonable. He lives in California, luckily around 6 miles from my place so the whole process was smooth.

I had to replace the battery. Worked fine for an year and Half. And then Battery not holding charge. Checked the battery usage report . Clearly shows Battery not charging.
Missed to take the extended warranty. i didnt want to use it like a desktop . Shipped it to Authorized ASUS repair center and replaced the battery.
cost for the replacement is 212$ which includes replaced battery, labor charges and shipping.
Hope they put in a new battery.

more details can be found here..
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85018-G751JY-Battery-Issues