cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New asus phobeus buzzing

skouras
Level 7
hello guys after a week i have encounter this liitle problem with a little buzzing sound coming through my speakers ONLY when a game starts
and or play a game...
is very little noticeble since i have to put my ear close to the speakers so i can hear it
if i dont play games theres no buzzing sound at all
i wonder if anyone else get this also?
17 REPLIES 17

Bahz
Level 12
Have you checked the analog connnection using a different speaker or headset? It could be the connector/wire that may be causing the buzzing noise.

Bahz wrote:
Have you checked the analog connnection using a different speaker or headset? It could be the connector/wire that may be causing the buzzing noise.

thanks for the reply
well sometimes i hear sometimes not
in the latest days the buzzing is very little noticeable since i have to put my ear next to the speakers to hear it in games
same goes for the optical also but it happens only in games however i dont have problems since is very little
with optical i don't get surround anymore only with analog and i wonder if you are going to be add and make available again the DDL for windows 10
as you can see theres a lot of people complaining about that and is a pity since this card is awesome and don't have all the features in w10

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for the details, so if it's the same when its connected through SPDIF then it's definittely an issue and I'll have them look into this.

Regarding the surround through digital connection for Windows 10 RTM/TH2, that part our team is still looking into this.

Glasofruix
Level 8
One possible fix for the buzzing is to isolate the card from the case with some tape.

Glasofruix wrote:
One possible fix for the buzzing is to isolate the card from the case with some tape.

you mean the metal shield that is supposed to do the job?
cool i didn't knew that!!!!

Glasofruix
Level 8
No no, the part of the card that touches your pc case, the one with all the ports on it (don't know the name of the darn thing in english), this part:

Just put some electician tape there, maybe use a plastic screw (those exist) to keep the card in place, this part should not touch (directly, metal on metal) your case. It worked for me with another card on my old pc, it's not a 100% sure solution, but it's worth a try.

Glasofruix wrote:
No no, the part of the card that touches your pc case, the one with all the ports on it (don't know the name of the darn thing in english), this part:

Just put some electician tape there, maybe use a plastic screw (those exist) to keep the card in place, this part should not touch (directly, metal on metal) your case. It worked for me with another card on my old pc, it's not a 100% sure solution, but it's worth a try.

ok i gut it buddy thanks

Maize_amp_Blue
Level 7
Just stumbled onto this thread... you're putting electrical tape on the plate? Wow so the design doesn't ground the card properly? (R&D department needs to be spanked)

Florin
Level 7
Just tried this today, i even went a step more to remove even the EMI shield that suppose to protect the soundcard from interference... the buzzing on the soundcard is now reduced to a minimum ... now i have to figure out how to isolate the soundcard from not touching the case.

Funny how the very thing that was designed to keep the buzzing out, is the thing that makes the buzzing.

LE: i`ve put the EMI shield back, everything is fine, the problem comes from the IO bracket that touches the case of the computer when fitted in. That must not touch the case... now i need to figure out how to put that bracket in without touching the case.

Oh ASUS .. how can your QA controls fail to see that ... If i figure out this i`ll have a perfect working soundcard that doesn`t buzzes anymore and the mic is perfectly functional.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit