cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY BIOS 211 released with AHCI and RAID 0

JustinThyme
Level 13
New release available for download You can put it in AHCI mode now like the VT but you cannot do the AHCI and RAID0 its either or which is to be expected.

BIOS 211
"Please install OS by USB drive or external USB optical disc drive. Do not use internal SATA optical disc drive.

Please install Intel IRST driver 14.6.3.1032 before crate RAID 0 volume."

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein
78 REPLIES 78

JustinThyme
Level 13
Boot time to log in unchanged. Still does not save fast boot enabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2igQFknSw

Ordered up another 512GB 950 pro from new egg and can get it at will call 20 mins from home when they send me the email that its picked and ready to see if the raid 0 will work. Not expecting any huge jump in speeds due to the ceiling on the DMI link being 3.5Gbps.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

karl6774
Level 7
but if I have two ssd 256 nvme the original raid 0 will work ?
mine is g752vy t7003t
and you can return to the old bios ?

I suspect - but please feel free to correct me out - that you will have to reinstall your OS from scratch if you want to create a RAID 0 volume (RAID with RAID0 enabled) from actual ssd disks. Not sure what happens if you switch from RAID (RAID0 Disabled) to AHCI. Possibly you'll need to install Samsung's drivers which should work well with AHCI now.

Or did I miss the obvious ?

karl6774 wrote:
but if I have two ssd 256 nvme the original raid 0 will work ?
mine is g752vy t7003t
and you can return to the old bios ?

I may wrong but reading better at your question I think you're confusing RAID (with RAID0 Disabled) which BIOS 206/208 comes with to RAID0, i.e. RAID with RAID0 Enabled. The actual RAID (is that you call original one ?) should still work with BIOS 211 with no change at all.

The problem comes out when you want to merge your 256GB ssd disks to just one RAID0 volume of 512GB; in that case, I guess, you need to reinstall Windows 10 by installing Intel IRST driver 14.6.3.1032 before as recommended.

karl6774
Level 7
I created the raid bios but when I try to load drivers
14.6.3.1032 continually crash course Reinstall S.O. from zero

JustinThyme
Level 13
Guess it was me that missed it. I did not see Raid0 on any previous versions. Second image down above there was only the word raid and you could not change it. I was there and there was no raid 0 at all. You could not change anything.

You cannot go to raid0 install then go back. This is an either or scenario. If you want to install Samsung software and drivers you have to select the AHCI mode which ill disable raid but be careful. There are a few posts where others did this with their G752VT machines and ended up with a reinstall but one user did it differnetlly with some creative booting into safe mode and making some changes, check the VT thread on that. If you just change to AHCI and try to go with that its not just going to boot into AHCI and be fat dumb and happy. Personally I have zero interest in the AHCI mode, Samsung drivers offer no benefit over native drivers. Proven that point here multiple times. The only thing you can do with Samsung Magician that you cant accomplish otherwise is firmware updates or use the rapid mode which is not at all recommended as the only thing that does is gives you better crystal marks so long as you use the smaller clusters. Its actually proven to perform worse in a real world environment than leaving it disabled. Ill let you now in a little while if the raid 0 works now. Im doing some file transfers ATM and when all thats done Im going to try a couple of things but Im failry sure its going to take a clean install.

You can install it on the two 256GB drives, if it works. Trouble is you cant just morph from one to the other. Its either going to take some creative cloning which Im going to try or a clean install loading the Intel IRST drivers with an f6 prompt.

Justin you might try the restore to different hardware feature in Macrium Reflect?:cool:
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Justin you might try the restore to different hardware feature in Macrium Reflect?:cool:

The Macrium is the only thing that worked. I tried the restore to different hardware with the Acronis, that was the very first thing I did before anything else. I couldn't get acronis to load the raid drivers from the boot media. Acronis also wouldnt clone either.

In the end short and skinny it was a clone to SATA SSD with samsung software then all the getting the raid set up and clone back with macrium default settings.

No need to try anything else LOL
I'm running 2 950 pros in raid 0 and didn't have to do a clean install.

is there any sense to me to install new BIOS?
I Have 1 SSD 128GB
1HHD 1TB

If the bios boot is more than 7 sec.. and FAst boot is not working again?