cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW backlight key don't work after update bios 210

KooBOY
Level 7
Hi, i'm new member!
first of all I wish to greet all the people of the forum:)

I have a problem:

I updated the bios of my GL752VW using afuwin to install a BIOS with a modified boot logo (for bypass capsule protection)
I used the Ami-Aptio specific program to change the bios logo in 210 bios version (change logo v.5) and Uefi tool v.2 to extrat body without capsule.

When I flashed the bios I had to use afuwin because EasyFlash did not accept the modified bios (modficate capsules).
I mistakenly flagged overwriting "all sectors" and not just the "main image" as a preset on afuwin.
Also I have not flagged "preserve boot setting" in afuwin setting...

When I reboot the PC my new logo run ok... but the backlight keyboard don't flash at star and is appers dead also after win logon...

I tried to restore the original 210 and also downgrade to the 207, but nothing is change.

I I also tried to install a 210 extract (with afuwin --> setup --> save) from another GL752VW as recommended here in another thead about the g73 and g74 (with same problem after bios update) .
Nothing... the backlight are even dead.

Any suggestion?

Sorry for my English... I'm Italian :eek:
3 REPLIES 3

nandodean
Level 7
https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/839/0/1/CzCn5mgAjpjWOjyg/45/

Check the ATK label. I think it was that (happened the same to me when I upgraded. Seems a drivers problem)

nandodean wrote:
https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/839/0/1/CzCn5mgAjpjWOjyg/45/

Check the ATK label. I think it was that (happened the same to me when I upgraded. Seems a drivers problem)

I tried uninstalling and installing atk drivers for Windows 10 but does not work.

however, the keyboard doesn't flash at pc starting, I remember that the backlights should flashing when pc start...

I don' understand...

nandodean
Level 7
Then honestly I don't know what happened. When my backlight wasn't working, I'm pretty sure it did lit for a moment when booting up, as you say. It's a BIOS thing definitely. Maybe someone can help you out, scusa!