cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead motherboard or can be ressurect?

macros
Level 7
Greetings to all ...

I have a big problem with my motherboard. Maximus VI Hero. Before month sometin´went wrong and pc couldn´t be started as always does. I am newbie here at ROG and hope find someone who will help me.
My motherboard is still in warranty (but I would like to repair it myself or with your help if could be possible).

My PC is mostly consists of motherboard mentioned above, 4770K Intel, 780 GTX, Corsairs Vengeance, FPU (Corsair 860 AX).
First of all I change in warranty process my power source (I waited 1 month but the result is the same only 2 buttons are shining Start and Reset button). So completely new.

I have a similar problem to this: (reference) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUaPt-2504
But I am not able to start the system or run fans even after 6 th attempt.

I also flashed eufi bios with newest bios downloaded from asus site (won´t helped me). As well I flashed the original M6H.CAP file from original CD delivered by ASUS (won´t helped too).

What should be my next step? I would like to run with myself I am still thinking that this have to be some problem that I could fix with my mortal skills. Nothing like burned chipset or some device on the motherboard.

Please once again. Help me.

Macros

Thank you.
Thank you for your kindly response.
38 REPLIES 38

Nate152
Hello Macros

Welcome to the ROG forum.

What code is the motherboard LED readout giving you?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Macros

Welcome to the ROG forum.

What code is the motherboard LED readout giving you?

Unfortunately, no code. Display is not working at all. 😞

Nate152
If I understand you correctly you said you already RMA'd your psu so that only leaves the motherboard.

Contact Asus to see about RMA'ing your motherboard.

Nate152 wrote:
If I understand you correctly you said you already RMA'd your psu so that only leaves the motherboard.

Contact Asus to see about RMA'ing your motherboard.

Basicaly yes. But first of all as I mentioned I wanna avoid time waste (1 month waiting for psu - it will be enough for me, 1 another without try seems to me also problem) I wanna try my chances if I have any. After trying all of them I could do what you suggest. Is that mean that if I don´t get any code I am at the end of my path? I am very suspisious about that.

Nate152
Yes, if you're not getting a code from the motherboard it's either the psu or motherboard.

Since you RMA'd your psu that only leaves the motherboard and there is really nothing we can do, you tried updating the bios and that did not help.

It's pretty safe to say you need a new motherboard.

You didn´t pleased me. 😞

WOW !!!! MIRACLE !!!!
I figured out on of forum, that guy have a solution on this and i try this. I opened the processor socked and take a huge LENSE
i find one of pins is not in its position. I took a needle and hardly to made it in right position.
And than only two cables one PSU and i look back at the monitor on ROG and bang ! The blow under my hand.
After that the fan is rotating and screen is finally up !!!!

Now I have a code 53 !!!! YES.

I hope code 53 smth means. Somewhere I have seen the list.

The motherboard is in red mode, like a devil. That HERO never dies.

Macros the Happy.

Nate152
I'm sorry I can't help you further, another motherboard is the only thing that will get you going.

Another board if I had code 53??? No. We have to continue. I can feel it I am on the right way.

macros wrote:
Another board if I had code 53??? No. We have to continue. I can feel it I am on the right way.

I found now that it is memory. I put memory. And now I am giving a code 70. It is so much fun with the asus even when you are in trouble!!