cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not working on G751JY

kutyafal
Level 7
I have a brand new G751JY-DB72 and the bluetooth doesn't seem to work. To be more exact the driver is installed "Intel Bluetooth Driver v17.0.1405.0464" according to the Asus Installation Wizard utility but I don't see any indicator of a bluetooth device or any way to add one. What driver does this laptop uses? On Asus support page there are three different drivers listed which is very confusing:

Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver
Intel BlueTooth driver
Broadcom BlueTooth driver

So, which chip does this laptop have? What driver should I install again?

Thanks for help!
16 REPLIES 16

JustinThyme
Level 13
kutyafal wrote:
I have a brand new G751JY-DB72 and the bluetooth doesn't seem to work. To be more exact the driver is installed "Intel Bluetooth Driver v17.0.1405.0464" according to the Asus Installation Wizard utility but I don't see any indicator of a bluetooth device or any way to add one. What driver does this laptop uses? On Asus support page there are three different drivers listed which is very confusing:

Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver
Intel BlueTooth driver
Broadcom BlueTooth driver

So, which chip does this laptop have? What driver should I install again?

Thanks for help!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

3rd down is your wireless and 4th is your BT. Usually get more up to date drivers looking at the wireless card manufacturing website.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks! Since I'm running Win 8.1 I assume I shouldn't use the 4th win 10 driver but rather the one further down for 8.1.

So this laptop has the Intel BT module? If so why does the support page also lists BT drivers for Qualcomm and Broadcom ?!?

Also, I did the F9 re-image/reset and that should put everything back to factory config yet the BT driver doesn't seem to work. Don't quite get how Asus configured this machine...

OK, I've installed the latest Intel BT driver and still no change. I don't see a Bluetooth option when trying to add a new device. I'm installing all the Win 8.1 updates now to see if that makes a difference. I really would like to make this work so I can use my bluetooth headset. Can someone take a screenshot of what it looks like where you add/pair a new bluetooth device in Windows 8.1 ? Thanks!

Julskey
Level 10
Check Device Manager, if there are items with yellow trangle and exclamation point, it means that there are devices that are not working and windows cannot find the driver for them and it is probable that it could be your bluetooth device. You can install drivers one by one until the errors in the device manager will disappear. Then uninstall the wrong driver/application installed from programs and features if any are present there.

In device manager under Network Adapters I only see two items:
- Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

No Bluetooth anywhere in the device tree and no yellow triangles either.

Should there be a separate item for it somewhere?

antoine52200
Level 8
Go into services.msc, and check if you see bluetooth there, and make sure it is set as automatic, and you can also start the service manually

Well, I checked the services and the hands free and support services were not running. However even after starting all BT services it doesn't work. Funny thing is the laptop even have the little Bt sticker next to the right USB port. Maybe this laptop only received the sticker. 😄 I don't know what else to do. I'll try to contact ASUS.

antoine52200
Level 8
Do you use wifi? Because, i had this issue, when i used ethernet, i disabled wifi and my bluetooth stopped working.. I had to turn it back on to use bluetooth..

kutyafal
Level 7
Yes, I only use wifi. As I said, bluetooth device is not even in the Device Manager list anywhere.