cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exreme VIII samsung 950 m.2 raid Win 7 help

yeapstab
Level 7
I've seen alot a lot of scattered problems out there but was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I have 2 samsung 950's. One on the mobo and the other on a asus hyper mini x4 pci card. I have created the raid volume and followed the raid guide. However when I attemp to instal win 7 x64 im presented with the load driver screen where i assume is asking for the intel raid driver.

Load DriverA required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.Not: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

I have dowloaded the latest .inf raid driver from intels site and the windows driver screen see's it but it wont populate the raid volume to finish the install. Its just stuck in a endless loop.

Do i need to specially format the drives before creating the raid?
What raid drivers did you use for the win 7 install?

I have also tried the drivers on the mobo disc provided and have the latest bios version.

setup BIOS - Boot /CSM - ENABLED
Boot device control - UEFI and legacy OPROM
Boot from storage devices - UEFI driver first
Boot from PCI-E /PCI extension devices - UEFI driver first
Boot /Secure Boot - OS type >> other os
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
You're do need to install in UEFI mode and try these drivers when it asks, they are Samsung drivers, I have not tried them setting up a raid but they work when installing Win 7, not sure if you have to also install Intel raid driver during installation
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=wk_149537_1&swEnvOid=4059

I have tried creating the USB stick via rufus but no luck. I have tried copying the DVD to usb and altering bootx64.efi but no luck, I have even tried following the auto_unattend pdf guide but no luck. When I hit F8 it shows my UEFI Sandisk USB stick. Sometime I get mouse support other times I dont. Every time after clicking Install Windows it asks for a driver and then only lets me select the X: drive. I cant select any other USB drives with drivers and when I change PCI-e mode from auto to x4 in the BIOS I loose my DVD drive. I have tried following this thread but nothing so far.

When you say install in UEFI mode, what do you mean by that. The USB stick that shows in the boot menu has a UEFI version and a non UEFI version. Neither are working.

I gave in and installed windows 10 on it. worked instantly.

Menthol
Level 14
Yes with the UEFI prefix, I installed Win 7 using a USB DVD drive for the OS and a SATA DVD drive for the for the driver disk as stated in ASUS instructions