cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheapest asus rog laptop for playing witcher 3 at reasonable (+medium) settings?

gabjiboji
Level 7
Hi guys, I wasn't sure where to post this so I apologize if this is irksome in any way, this seemed like the right place.

First and foremost, I am very much aware of the fact that a custom built PC is tons better than a gaming laptop, however I cannot afford to get a separate laptop and start building a PC on the side. I need the portability. And I need a new laptop.

That said, I am saving money to buy a laptop and I would very much like to be able to play Witcher 3 on it at acceptable settings. By acceptable settings I think I mean above medium settings (would prefer high settings, but you know). I do not know much about the proper fps and other computer talk. I just want the game to run smoothly and look good as well.

I have been trying to understand exactly what things to take into consideration when choosing a model but as I said, I am not exactly versed in the hardware thingies. I've seen videos on the web with people testing the Witcher game with various models of GTX, but is that all it takes? I can't just say 'It's got GTX960 so it will work', right? Is a 2.0 GHz processor a good processor for what I want? Should I look for a higher GTX or a higher GHz count? You see, I really don't know.

So I thought it would just be easier if I could find someone that can help me find the right type of gaming laptop that I need. That way I can see exactly how much money I should save.

I hope one of you can lend a hand, I'd be über grateful.

Thank you very much

EDIT: I will post this in the notebook section. I didn't find any delete option so sorry! (you can still share any advice you may have 🙂
1 REPLY 1

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Look for a GTX 970m or 980m to run 1080p well on med or high. Something like a G751JT?...