cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura losing settings...

BarneyC
Level 8
Has anyone else out there with a Z170 board noticed the Aura software losing it's marbles and resetting the RGB headers to "breath" after shutdowns or power outages? The PCH colour seems to be holding fine, just the headers.
13 REPLIES 13

BalROG61
Level 7
Hi Barney,

Just to say I also have a problem with the Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha board. I installed and ran Aura with admin rights. I have hooked up an RGB Led strip on header 2 but there when I open Aura I can set the Leds up as I want and all the settings seem to work but the "Apply" button is greyed out for me so the settings are lost when I shut down my PC. The blurb I have read doesn't indicate there is a BIOS setting I have to set appropriately and I have the latest BIOS (1701) for the mobo installed as well as the latest version of Aura so I am guessing its some funky permissions nonsense. Has anybody else experienced this type of problem and if so how did you fix it. Everything else is working brilliantly so this little problem is a bit annoying

I have the same issue, at reboot it resets.
And if you didnt noticed, you wont get help here!
Asus doesnt visit their own forums.
Asus doesnt help people here.
They hope the customers do it theirselves.

all you can do is submit a ticket.
That way they can handle your issue, hidden away from other users.
Hidden to hide their shame.

Asus is becoming more and more seperated from their custumers trough this lack of service.
My next system will be a Gigabyte one. Lost my trust in Asus...

Nate152
Hi guys,

It's normal for the Aura settings to reset to default if you turn off the psu or have a power outage, to keep your settings let the psu switch on after powering down your pc.

Hey guys for everyone who's still interested... I ACTUALLY HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!

it took me several hours to figure this out, but it was fairly important, since this is a show PC...

Windows is messing with the sys files on boot for some reason, and you can prevent this by unchecking the fastboot option in Windows 10.

To do this, press win+x

In the power Options chose what the power buttons do

Show unavailable options

Disable fast startup

To do this, your boot settings have to be UEFI and the os has to have control over some stuff I can't remember exactly what I checked tho... If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them

^_^

P.s this also solved the problem, where Trident z doesn't get recognized by Aura...

I don't know is this was luck or not but i got it to work. After setting Aura click Apply then close it and shutdown computer. DON'T restart!!! After turning on again settings remain yeaaahh 🙂

Hey man, just wanted to reply to this thread even though it's a couple of years old now but this solution actually worked for me as well. I have a STRIX 3090 and it would ALWAYS go back to pulsing red when I booted windows. Disabling fast boot in the power options (win+x) totally fixed the solution, and I have fast-boot disabled in my BIOS as well.

TSG_tesla wrote:

it took me several hours to figure this out, but it was fairly important, since this is a show PC...

Windows is messing with the sys files on boot for some reason, and you can prevent this by unchecking the fastboot option in Windows 10.

To do this, press win+x

Show unavailable options

Disable fast startup

To do this, your boot settings have to be UEFI and the os has to have control over some stuff I can't remember exactly what I checked tho... If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them

^_^

P.s this also solved the problem, where Trident z doesn't get recognized by Aura...
"Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today..."

TSG_tesla wrote:

To do this, press win+x

Show unavailable options

Disable fast startup

^_^

Was looking in windows power option from win+x can't find it there
I reboot my pc and went into the bios from there put off fast boot the option is in the BOOT option in the bios
and it fix the problem MB ROG Strix B550-E

I had difficult with front ARG fans connected to Aura Header Gen 2, I set my custom lights with Aura Creator and after a reboot my Aura lights leds dissapear from app.

I have 120 leds and suddenly shows I only have 1.

Solution: After trying everything the solution was to update motherboard to latest BIOS.

I solved the problem on my ASUS ROG Strix Scar II 2070..

It turns out I was accidentally using "ASUS AURA SYNC" which is their generic utility for motherboards and connected RGB lighting.

For laptops, we need to use "ASUS AURA CORE" which is a specific utility for laptops with multi-zone LED.. This tool allowed me to separately configure the 4-keyboard zones, plus the front-light-bar, and the screen back lit-logo. All settings save through reboots.

You can install ASUS AURA CORE through the Microsoft Store, and you can read the FAQ about it here.