Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a PG348Q

ROG Enthusiast Array

I got a PG348Q

So I created this topic to help answer questions regarding this product. So far early impressions, great screen, no dead pixels, some back light bleed on the top right and top left corners, and overclocks to 100hz without issues.

Edit: just a heads up, the scan line issue that Acer X34 monitors experience is present with this monitor as well, not surprised since they both use the same panel. However it doesn't bother me as its only noticeable against single solid colored backgrounds i.e. Blue skies and you also have to look for it to see it. Easy to loose them during actual gaming. Jus thought I would warn potential buyers who were holding off hoping this issue would be resolved.

Last edited by bajs1988; 02-16-2016 at 04:59 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well that is very exciting! Did you have to perform any rituals at midnight with people dressed in cloaks and was there chanting?

Just kidding. What kinds of FPS are you getting on Tomb Raider with all settings maxed? What's your PC specs? Looks like I am seeing water cooling!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well that is very exciting! Did you have to perform any rituals at midnight with people dressed in cloaks and was there chanting?

Just kidding. What kinds of FPS are you getting on Tomb Raider with all settings maxed? What's your PC specs? Looks like I am seeing water cooling!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I got a PG348Q

Quote Originally Posted by jadedzero View Post

Lol you have no idea! I was so happy I didn't see a single dead pixel I almost cried.

As for my PC, I got 3 Titan x's overclocked to 1443mhz on the gpu, memory is on stock clocks.

CPU is a 4930k overclocked to 4.5ghz

My fps is anywhere from high 90s to mid 40s depending on the area, in the beginning of the game fps is fine but later in certain areas the game has performance issues sadly many have brought it up on the steam community forums. I'm running everything on max with the exception of AA which is on FXAA.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Congratulations!

That's one sick monitor.
    Thanks! I was hoping for questions lol I don't want this topic to seem like I'm gloating or anything.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Okay!! Questions time:

Can you take a picture in the complete darkness with a black screen so that we can see the backlight bleed you do get?

Do you feel that the curve improves the monitor, makes it worse, or doesn't do anything?

I know you haven't had the monitor long, but I'd love to know how it performs under a long heavy gaming session. Can you let me know how it holds up after 8 hours of playing games?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by jadedzero View Post
    Okay!! Questions time:

Can you take a picture in the complete darkness with a black screen so that we can see the backlight bleed you do get?

Do you feel that the curve improves the monitor, makes it worse, or doesn't do anything?

I know you haven't had the monitor long, but I'd love to know how it performs under a long heavy gaming session. Can you let me know how it holds up after 8 hours of playing games?
    Give me a couple of days and I'll update you on how it handles long gaming sessions. As for the curve I honestly don't feel like it's a major difference or adds any advantage to gaming.

Here is a pic of the BLB with the lights in my room off its much less noticeable than what's shown in the picture I tried to get the exposure of the iPhone camera as close to what I am seeing in real life as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Added an update to my first post regarding the scan lines seen on Predator X34 monitors.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Awesome! thanks for the updates! I look forward to seeing what happens after a long gaming session. The "overclocking" nature of the monitor @100hz worries me a little after many hours of gaming. The backlight bleed isn't bad, but it's still more than I would expect from a $1000 monitor.

I am not as familiar with the scan-lines issue so it looks like i'm gonna have to research that a bit more to find out what to expect.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast